All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I could block my roommates from downloading system-hacking files without having to put them on a download-restricted user account? Or something similar?

I caught Alessa trying to download the things you need to hack an Xbox 360 yesterday and can't continue to keep disallowing her from using the computer.

I don't want the Xbox we have to get hacked since it's had a problem with red-ringing and I'm not sure how badly being hacked would affect it.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cut off their Internet = WIN

If that's possible, anyways. ^_^
Well we only have one internet-connected computer here.

Would I have to block certain files within the firewall of my antivirus or something? I don't want to go that far with things, but if it's the only way...
I was thinking more like literally cutting Internet. If you have a wireless router, remove the wireless adapter (providing that you have a desktop instead of a laptop, which usually can connect without an adapter). If you're connected to the Internet through cable, you can take the cable off and hide it somewhere.

I guess you could use some filters on your firewall/anti virus program, but I've no experience on that.

EDIT: Just wondering, but can't you just make her unable to access the xbox360 itself? I'm not really knowledgeable on xbox360 hacking/softmodding, but there's no harm as long as she can't transfer the files into the xbox itself, no? (i.e. if a flashdrive is required to send files into the 360, you could prevent her from sending the files, as long as she doesn't get access to a flashdrive)

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Just wondering, but can't you just make her unable to access the xbox360 itself? I'm not really knowledgeable on xbox360 hacking/softmodding, but there's no harm as long as she can't transfer the files into the xbox itself, no? (i.e. if a flashdrive is required to send files into the 360, you could prevent her from sending the files, as long as she doesn't get access to a flashdrive)
Well, yes, but her college requires a flash drive, so I can't very well block her from using one.
And it's not just my Xbox, so I can't block access from her.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can IP block certan websites, like what the schools do... I remember my teacher back in school used to block websites just by them having a word on them, even googling that word wouldnt be allowed. =3

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You can IP block certan websites, like what the schools do... I remember my teacher back in school used to block websites just by them having a word on them, even googling that word wouldnt be allowed. =3
That's done through a disconnected proxy, which in a local house is easy to bypass, and the OP would have to find and block every site that can host the stuff, but then after all that effort people could just host the files elsewhere.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's done through a disconnected proxy, which in a local house is easy to bypass, and the OP would have to find and block every site that can host the stuff, but then after all that effort people could just host the files elsewhere.
Lol, I dunno.... I know how to bypass blocks n all that but dunno how to do them nor how they work. xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: