BlizzCon 2021 cancelled, global online event to be held in early 2022 instead

blizzcon_art.jpg

Though things are starting to return to normal for many across the world, gatherings still aren't perfectly safe. Due to these uncertainties, BlizzCon 2021 has been cancelled, adding yet another in-person event to the list of ones taking place online instead. Blizzard plans to still hold a smaller BlizzCon, but it'll be taking place early in 2022, rather than near the end of this year, alongside a small scale in-person gathering. 2020's BlizzCon was also cancelled similarly, and was replaced by BlizzConline, which took place earlier this February, where we saw the official announcements of the Diablo II Remaster, and some new teasers for Diablo IV and Overwatch 2.

Building an in-person BlizzCon is an epic and complex affair that takes many months of preparation—not just for us, but also for the many talented production partners, esports pros, hosts, entertainers, artists, and other collaborators we team up with locally and globally to put all of the pieces together. The ongoing complexities and uncertainties of the pandemic have impacted our ability to properly move forward on many of these fronts, and ultimately we’re now past the point where we’d be able to develop the kind of event we’d want to create for you in November.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I don't really know the point of their Conference being a physical event outside of a Cosplay venue.
I could even say my ignorance is Blizz ...

Puns aside, I don't think I'll attend the online version either.
I'll probably catch whatever Releases they have on either the Nintendo or Sony PlayStation YouTube Channels anyway.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes sense. Still gonna be a while before things return to normal. Wouldn't be surprised to see more events cautiously remain online only till 2022 at least. Really depends who is running them. This is a better more cautious approach.

The online event worked well anyway. In person conferences are way funner for people who get to attend, and for people who just get to watch they're way worse.

Their online event ended up being way better to watch than usual. They showed a lot of good stuff. Man, i'm ready for more Diablo 4 info injected into my veins. They're really on track to return to the glory days of Diablo 2. They seem to have ditched all the shit that made Diablo 3 so awful, they actually learned.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, blame covid as the reason for people not showing up and not the shittyness of Blizzard. I'd say to go anyway despite the "deadly virus", but even I wouldn't go to Blizzcon in person lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...