1. 3,242

Front-page

BlizzCon 2021 has begun. Day 1 of the online convention has kicked off, showcasing what Blizzard has in store for its IPs. We'll be covering all the major announcements made and documenting them in this thread, so stay tuned to see what gets revealed!

The Blizzard Arcade Collection has been confirmed after being leaked earlier. It's coming to PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 tonight, after the first day of the convention. It's an "enhanced" release of three old games, which include features such as a watch mode,--letting your Twitch viewers take control of the game--save states, and museum mode, with unused content, artwork, and interviews with the creators of the games. These games are Blackthorne, Lost Vikings 1, and Rock & Roll Racing.

Wow: Shadowlands is getting an update called Chains of Dominion.

Blizzard is hosting a donation drive for Doctors Without Borders. If enough donations happen, then World of Warcraft players that donated will get two special pets: a monkey and a sloth.

WoW Classic news is up next. Later this year, Burning Crusade's expansion is coming to World of Warcraft Classic. It was the game's first expansion pack, which released originally in 2007. Players will be given a choice: stay in the classic era, or move your character on to the classic era, but with Burning Crusade added on.

We move onto Hearthstone. 29 new cards are being added in a new set. It'll be free, and will include "some of the best cards through the years". They'll be rebalanced for modern Hearthstone. Hearthstone Classic is also coming out, which will consist of only and purely the old-school set of cards.

Forged in the Barrens is the next Hearthstone update.

Diablo IV has a new trailer. Customization is a priority of the development team. Rogues are the latest class to be playable.

Diablo Immortal is still in development and getting updates.

Diablo 2's remaster gets officially announced. It's coming to PC and consoles. It's called Diablo 2 Resurrected, coming to PlayStation, Switch, Xbox. It will recreate the game's cutscenes and redo them. Gameplay will be modernized.

Scott_pilgrim, MeAndHax, XDel and 4 others like this.
  2. Discussion (21 replies)

3. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Blizzard should've merged this year's BlizzCon with Nintendo Direct so we could have just one long string of disappointments instead of breaking it up into two separate events.

4. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    Is that an out of season April Fools joke?

5. Xzi

United States
    Nah just a bad joke in general.

Kind of like BlizzCon. BAH DUM TISSSH.

Last edited by Xzi, Feb 19, 2021
  6. Izual Urashima

Izual Urashima GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    So.

- Remaster of three old games to be released today everywhere. They couldn't even add Lost Vikings 2, Warcraft 1 or 2, or Diablo 1.
    - Wow whose no sane mind still cares about
    - Wow Classic which worked good enough to remaster the first expansion
    - Heartstone whose no sane mind still cares about
    - Heartstone Classic with the base set of cards
    - Diablo IV which looks bland and as generic as possible
    - Diablo Immoral which is the reskin of a Chinese game who was so bad and so intensive in its digital coin mining that several Chinese were burned by their phones while playing it
    - Diablo 2 Remake which looks even worse than Warcraft 3 Reforged, especially with that "modernized gameplay" having the potential of being worse than Diablo 3's "click to kill" approach.

I don't need to see further to get how massively wrong this all is. Remasters that ruin the original six ways to Sunday, Classic versions made to cover their costs, and their actual and new games looking bland or worse.

7. CeeDee

CeeDee art by @x65943

United States
    So, when's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3+4?

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  8. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    At this point Blizzard is pretty much just selling nostalgia.

9. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    I bought diablo 2 for pc 15 years ago and never installed it, so I finally get to play it

Ottoclav and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  10. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I'll take nostalgia over their modern day garbage

Excited for D2 remaster. Looks like they took the barebones approach to the graphics. I'm okay with that. Don't need fancy effects and raytracing to enjoy the game. It's a remaster. Not a new game.

Last edited by Memoir, Feb 19, 2021
  11. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Diablo 2 remaster and Diablo 4 look fantastic.

They really got their shit together for Diablo 4. You're talking out of your ass or are too young to be a diablo fan if you can watch this info for 4 and not be excited.
    They've gone back to more of a Diablo 2 style and all they've shown and talked about express that they actually understand what it takes to make a sequel to Diablo 2. Just fantastic, i'm very excited to see more. Lots of actual character building, actual pvp, a more open world, mmmmmm.

Also horse armor confirmed best game 2009.

Scott_pilgrim and onibaku like this.
  12. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    I have high expectations for Diablo 2. Vicarious Visions has knocked everything out of the park thus far.

Scott_pilgrim, Memoir and Xzi like this.
  13. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    my body is ready

14. Xzi

United States
    Yeah it's the one remaster I can look forward to knowing that it's neither Activision nor really Blizzard that's developing it. Looks better than anything else they've revealed in a long time.

Scott_pilgrim, onibaku and Chary like this.
  15. relauby

relauby Idiot Child
    Reviewer

Canada

Chary is so underwhelmed she can’t even keep the sarcastic exclamations out of her news posts. Wow.​

16. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

I'll take my Legend of Mana.

Ottoclav likes this.
  17. SleepingGuru

SleepingGuru Member
    Newcomer

United States
    pretty excited for hearthstone

18. onibaku

onibaku Lurker

Sweden
    Im just so glad the D2 is coming to switch! Have tried to find a decent D2 clone to play and while titan quest was probably the best alternative (in my opinion) it just wasnt well optimized on the switch... Controls were pretty bad and it was pretty buggy...

19. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Diablo 2 Resurrected for the Switch, looking forward to it. Hopefully, it'll be good especially the controls. Diablo 3 on the switch is good.

onibaku likes this.
  20. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Always wanted to get into some of their series, like Diablo and such, but it is unfortunate the company seems to be a shell of it's former self from what I've read and heard.

21. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    I never been as far from Blizzard as I am nowadays. Things there were taking bad paths even before the activision stuff happened, after that things got even worse for my taste (probably better for other players, but they cant please everybody, dont they?).

But I cant ignore this announcement. Diablo 2 remake has a deep nostalgic feeling for me as D2 was my first online multiplayer game (I had Doom and Doom 2 but playing that online was not an user friendly process, old people like me probably remember).

I am really hopping devs put their hearts on this project.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Resurrected, officially, BlizzCon