Blizzard states that they're working on "multiple" Diablo projects

diablo3releasedate.png

It's been over six years since the last entry in Blizzard's dungeon-crawler RPG series, Diablo 3. Though nothing has been officially announced, fans have been certain that a sequel or other entries were soon to come. Thanks to an official post by the company's Community Manager today, things are looking a little more concrete. Stated near the end of a 1-minute video, Blizzard is currently working on multiple projects related to the Diablo series, though some will take longer than others. An announcement and reveal is teased for sometime later this year, and according to insider sources at Eurogamer, there's a decent chance of one of the working titles to be a port of Diablo 3 to the Nintendo Switch. Currently, a patch has gone out for Diablo 2, hinting at a potential Battle.net remastered version of the game.

D

Deleted User

I have Diablo 3 on PC, thanks to WoWTokens, but I haven't played a whole lot of it.

Personally, I'm hoping that Diablo 3 comes to the Switch. I'd play the shit outta it on that machine.

Reactions: xeronut and M7L7NK7

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D2 Remaster was all but confirmed based on some of their job openings and internal reshuffling a few months back. There's been rumors of a Diablo-themed MMO flying around but I personally find that highly unlikely since Blizzard seems to have segregated their IPs by genre. Diablo = Dungeon Crawler ARPG, Warcraft = MMORPG, Starcraft = RTS etc.

EDIT: Also, whatever it is it's Blizzcon hype. They got a lot of shit from the community for not showcasing anything Diablo at Blizzcon 2017, and this is the second or third time they've made an announcement that they're going to make an announcement about Diablo at Blizzcon this year.

Last edited by Priestiality,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Clearly Diablo - The Trading Card Game. Hopefully Warcraft 4 is there next project after this, hopefully Warcraft 4 is there next project after this. I'm sure it will come, I'm sure, it most come, it's a to important IP to not come, sure, one glorious day, soon it will be upon us, soon, ...

Reactions: Maximilious
D

Deleted User

Clearly Diablo - The Trading Card Game. Hopefully Warcraft 4 is there next project after this, hopefully Warcraft 4 is there next project after this. I'm sure it will come, I'm sure, it most come, it's a to important IP to not come, sure, one glorious day, soon it will be upon us, soon, ...
Warcraft 4 would literally just be running through Cataclysm, MoP, Draenor, Legion and soon BFA. Unless you're expecting them to skip all that and go to the next one or 2 expansions ahead?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
D2 Remaster was all but confirmed based on some of their job openings and internal reshuffling a few months back. There's been rumors of a Diablo-themed MMO flying around but I personally find that highly unlikely since Blizzard seems to have segregated their IPs by genre. Diablo = Dungeon Crawler ARPG, Warcraft = MMORPG, Starcraft = RTS etc./
Here's to hoping that they rotate that segregation a bit. I mean... Warcraft 4 is pretty due, if you ask me.

As for Diablo... I'm not too interested. Played through 3. It was okay, but i don't see why it has an almost ridiculous following (Torchlight 2 did everything just a little better, in my opinion)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would love to finally see a damn Diablo 2 remaster. It runs like absolute garbage. With some finagling it's at least only slightly garbage.
So much better than Diablo 3 though.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for a Diablo 4, but I hope to god they thoroughly understand why fans love 2 and hated 3.
They're guaranteed to be working on it since Diablo 3 is all but dead. Hasn't seen a real update in months, probably years aside from the necromancer which cost a ridiculous amount.

I try to love similar games but really nothing captures the genre like Diablo 2 does. Even Diablo 3 feels better than the rest despite being pretty garbage at its core. I enjoy Path of Exile but it just never really captured me like Diablo 2 did.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been rumors of a Diablo-themed MMO flying around but I personally find that highly unlikely since Blizzard seems to have segregated their IPs by genre. Diablo = Dungeon Crawler ARPG, Warcraft = MMORPG, Starcraft = RTS etc.

I hear there's some kind of Warcraft card game...

Full MMO still sounds unlikely after Titan's fail but we could easily see something a bit more in the direction of a shared open world.

Also there's real danger of cannibalization if you are making more than one of basically the same kind of game. So they can't all be diablo 2 clones. Would need to branch out into some survival or mobile BS or something.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Mobile game was my first thought. Switch ports? Probably. But a mobile game would basically print money if done right. I could see Diablo easily being adapted into quick 5-min dungeons with loot being an incentive to play and, of course, spend money.

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get into Diablo 3 as much as Diablo II

I am excited for a possible Diablo 4, but I'm also not sure I'd even like it. Not sure if it's nostalgia glasses, or if DII is legitimately better than D3.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to finally see a damn Diablo 2 remaster.
I enjoy Path of Exile but it just never really captured me like Diablo 2 did.

Same here. I loved D2 because of the skill system mainly. It was small enough to figure out the best spec easily and allowed each character to feel like your own. Towards the end of my group of friends playing and moving onto WoW, we started tinkering with LLD'ing and were in some of the first groups to ever be a part of that scene. Making a level 29 that could kill a level 85 in PvP was just amazing. There's none of that in D3. PvP is super dry and the gameplay is only based on farming the PvE environment 100%, so there's no motivation to really play for me anymore.

PoE is ok, the skills are pretty cool, and the skill tree system, but it's a little overwhelming for me. My core group of friends love it, but I just can't get into it. Too much to learn, to many different kinds of loot to memorize, etc. I do enjoy Grim Dawn though, but none of my friends want to pay for a game like it anymore either which sucks because it's really not that expensive of a game to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy