GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jamstruth said:
ProtoKun7 said:
I haven't seen Crazy Bones around for ages.
mellow.gif
They're referred to by the kids as "GoGos" now. Its basically a new series of them, the full name is "Crazy Bones' GoGos" or "Gogos' Crazy Bones" I'm not sure which. All I know is that I sell a lot of them and Lego Mini Figures to kids.
Yeah, I read an article on them after I Nostalgia'd. But they aren't much of a fad anymore, at least not with the people I know (most of which are teenagers now).

After those it was Beyblade.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. I never bought into Crazy Bones (was too busy with Bionicles at the time) but I bought into Beyblade. Even had a few from Japan when they made a resurgance at my school (cool guy in our class played with them). Unfortunately my parents gave them all away to either a jumble sale or a charity shop when I thought they were just chucking them in the attic
frown.gif
I wanna play with them now!

Edit:
dracielg.jpg

Had that one before it was released out here. Used to love those Engine Gear ones. The Metal ones and the Magnet ones never really got off the ground though.

They're doing a Beyblade reboot now so we may see kids playing with them soon
biggrin.gif

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have, like, 4 Crazy Bones or something, maximum, but nothing Beyblade related.

I have a few Mighty Beanz though.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
I think we lost the topic. Can anybody find it for me?
Some kid threw metal shavings into his mouth and is now looking for a way to bring it to the manufacturer's attention.

D

Deleted User

OP
OK. I think i'll try that calling shit one more time, then call one of those 100% lawyers! Great!

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q