Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any more news staplebutter =P? With gameyob. Comming out and 3dnes and blargsnes near an update I feel like a kid in a candy store again lol

Reactions: Idaho

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Windows are done.

Reminds me I need to code some instant screenshot function. Most of the window effects I have tested are screen transitions.

This makes Kirby's Dream Course playable again. Except that sometimes (randomly) the first menu goes black. You have to press Start three times and then you can play the game as usual.

The Super Metroid intro screen still looks wrong. The gradient at the top is supposed to be dark and not white. The issue is that this screen uses both color addition and color subtraction on the same screen. The current renderer can't handle that, neither is it possible to add it without sacrificing scanline-accurate brightness. I guess this kind of compromise can work.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
bbsV0WO.png

As promised, a screenshot of those windows.

Also:
* pause is back, finally
* screenshot function almost works. It works by pressing L and R while paused. It does save the screenshot, but then it freezes the whole thing. Or just takes too long?

Release is very close!

Arisotura

rise of melonism
OP
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Wee, quadruple posting!

blargSnes 1.1 is out. Go check the first post.

I want to thank smealum for paving the way to the PICA200. Without him, the hardware-accelerated color math and brightness wouldn't have been a possibility.

Other than that, well.

* SMW is even nicer now, with its windows and shit. The only missing transition effect is the mosaic but that one is unimportant, we'll see later.
* Super Metroid is playable, including that part with the cloud layer. The clouds are no longer opaque.
* Donkey Kong Country looks perfect... and is fast as fuck.
* Super Bomberman is finally playable
* Rock N Roll Racing is... weird. The menus work, but when starting a race, it either hangs, crashes, or reboots.
* Kirby's Dream Course is playable. Sometimes (randomly), the main menu turns black. If you press Start three times, you get to the next menu and can continue.

Oh well, that's about it for the games I tested. Feel free to test more!

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Earthbound is running at what seems to be full-speed. It's got some screen tearing and obvious frame skipping going on, but it's completely playable. Nice work! Thanks!

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Well, kinda hard without a 3DS XL :lol: Now, if someone had one they were selling....

Where's the love for the original 3DS? :sad: Go on ebay and search 3DS XL, then change the filters to "Newly listed" in buy it now. Might be able to snag a good deal really quick. Or if you want a 4.x console, ask some of the sellers to check the firmware for you. Just searching "4.5 3DS" brings up a lot of idiots trying to sell them for way too much.

I recently bought a ton of stuff for my 3DS on ebay, too. Like a 16 gig SD card for the system itself, and a 64GB SD for my flashcards! I also replaced my old top screen lens that was covered in scratches from the previous owner, and now it looks beautiful!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the love for the original 3DS? :sad: Go on ebay and search 3DS XL, then change the filters to "Newly listed" in buy it now. Might be able to snag a good deal really quick. Or if you want a 4.x console, ask some of the sellers to check the firmware for you. Just searching "4.5 3DS" brings up a lot of idiots trying to sell them for way too much.

I recently bought a ton of stuff for my 3DS on ebay, too. Like a 16 gig SD card for the system itself, and a 64GB SD for my flashcards! I also replaced my old top screen lens that was covered in scratches from the previous owner, and now it looks beautiful!

The screen is too small and the buttons cramped for my hands, the bigger screen has a better ergonomic design for my big hands, the eye strain is a problem on the smaller screen, so, I have to avoid the original 3DS form factor, given my uh, eye sight and hands. eBay, I've had bad experiences on, but I'd best keep that to a PM, as well as my other reasons for getting an XL. Hell, I can't even see 3D due to a defect I have lol. I'd love to play Snes on the 3DS one of these days.

kane159

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WOW cool, it's smother the Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars (USA) still dont work :/ anyhoo, keep going bro:yaysp:

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for the Homebrew Channel before I try this out. I assume Smea has a N3DS now, so we may hear about it soon.

i really doubt smea has a n3ds yet i mean it hasnt been a full 24 hours since it was released in japan and hes french so...yeah lol it will take a while to get one shipped to him id say 15 days at the least probably

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really doubt smea has a n3ds yet i mean it hasnt been a full 24 hours since it was released in japan and hes french so...yeah lol it will take a while to get one shipped to him id say 15 days at the least probably
A couple Americans have them, check out the console hardware and accessories subforum.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn maybe im wrong =P but it could also be a bit harder to get one there im sure he would have announced he has one... if he already has then xD im sorry on a subject related to this thread...megaman x is working beautifully =P

Tchay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, long time lurker. Stumbled upon this thread while I was waiting on my 3DS to update (ironic). Very excited by the progress! At some point, I'd love to help out in the scene. I'm a full time hardware engineer, but I've been teaching myself programming along with some nighttime classes (python and C). Learned Pic18 asm, and starting to dive into MIPS. I'll do some digging and see what learnings are needed for the 3DS. Anyhow, great work StapleButter! B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1