Hacking Blanking prodinfo on 11.0.2

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone who has successfully blanked prodinfo give me some pointers? I have tested out blanking prodinfo on a switch with 11.02, latest atmosphere as of today running on sysnand. The main reason for wanting it is to block system firmware updates.

I have added blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1 in exosphere.ini

I have also tried adding cal0blank=1 to my hekate ipl but not sure if that's needed.

The serial still isn't blanked out, i am booting via the hekate payload then chainloading fusee-primary.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think you can try Icognito_RCM, I don't think Blawar version of Incognito work on higher firmware. Have a NAND backup of the original Prodinfo before wiping it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can someone who has successfully blanked prodinfo give me some pointers? I have tested out blanking prodinfo on a switch with 11.02, latest atmosphere as of today running on sysnand. The main reason for wanting it is to block system firmware updates.

I have also tried adding cal0blank=1 to my hekate ipl but not sure if that's needed.

The serial still isn't blanked out, i am booting via the hekate payload then chainloading fusee-primary.
Where is your exosphere located?

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

try this exosphere.ini extract in sd card root
and if you use cal0blank=1 it will override exosphere.ini settings but it has the same effect
you can use Incognito RCM it removes the serial it dosnt just hide it
but with a simple backup you can restore it
both versions should work on up to 11.0.1

Attachments

• exosphere.zip
    1,010 bytes · Views: 273
  • Incognito_RCM.zip
    163.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited by LyuboA,

Dave_Chad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought incognito wasn't being updated anymore even the one that was branched off seemed to not be updated for newer versions. I've used the incognito rcm in the past on my own switch.

My exosphere.ini is in atmosphere/config i thought that was the right location maybe not? :/

OH... Atmosphere reads exosphere from sdroot maybe? Am i THAT thick? Maybe. :|

Last edited by Dave_Chad,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I thought incognito wasn't being updated anymore even the one that was branched off seemed to not be updated for newer versions. I've used the incognito rcm in the past on my own switch.

My exosphere.ini is in atmosphere/config i thought that was the right location maybe not? :/

it must be in the root of the sdcard. Else it won't work.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just use 90DNS instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol