Hacking Black Wii with Anti Homebrew protection ?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey all, I got a new limited edition of a black Wii (she looks fantastic
yay.gif
)

Ok, I installed successfuly BootMii IOS, HBC 1.0.6, DVDX as well as cIOS rev15 and hermes cIOS222/223. Im on 4.2E.

The problem is, I cannot lauch any homebrew applications. I always get a black screen. What's the reason of that? Has it anythng to do with the new blackWii?

As far as I know, I am not the only one with the exact same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

GRIM.657

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
....I cannot lauch any homebrew applications....
Just to clarify... you can't launch any homebrew? Or is it just burns/ISOs that don't work? You had to launch some homebrew at one point if you've run the bootmii installer and the cIOS wads.

Will HBC load?

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
GRIM.657 said:
WiiBricker said:
....I cannot lauch any homebrew applications....
Just to clarify... you can't launch any homebrew? Or is it just burns/ISOs that don't work? You had to launch some homebrew at one point if you've run the bootmii installer and the cIOS wads.

Will HBC load?

No I dont have usb loader installed yet, I just cant launch any homebrew application. Always get a black screen. I used the Complete Softmod Guide to install successfully homebrew and all applications did work at this time, but suddenly my hbc did stop lauching any applications. I did not modify anything since the cIOS installation.

The odd thing about this, is that this shit happend to another people with black wiis as well.

GRIM.657

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If that's the case the there's a good chance it is related to some new security in the black Wii...

Try re-installing an official 4.2 system menu, then hacking. If the black versions came with a special system menu then this should fix it...

If it doesn't then it'd almost sound like there's hardware based anti-homebrew in there... but that doesn't make any sense at all, so I'm highly doubtful.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I have had a similar problem ever since I updated the Homebrew Channel to 1.0.6. Many times, when I try to run homebrew applications, the Wii will get stuck on a black screen. However, if I keep trying, they will eventually load. Maybe this could also be the case for you?

I am on 3.0U, and the highest IOS that I have is IOS35.

Also, this problem seems to have been mentioned...

http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=detai...0&project=6

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No the IOS36 is not missing. As I said before, the HBC did suddenly stop launching homebrew. After the installation of cIOS etc. any applications worked fine, but for some reason it did stop the next day =/

XionTeBe

Trophies
XP
Country
Sc4rFac3d said:
My blackWii works fine after following the simple tutorial. Haven't tried much but WADs installed fine.

Can you please tell me, where you found the simple tutorial ?? Im having major problems too
frown.gif

Thx in advance

SmokeSomeWeed

Trophies
XP
Country
XionTeBe said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
My blackWii works fine after following the simple tutorial. Haven't tried much but WADs installed fine.

Can you please tell me, where you found the simple tutorial ?? Im having major problems too
frown.gif

Thx in advance
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

That's the one to use. One step was a bit vague, dunno if it's corrected but you should get around it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol