Hacking Black Screen

gwetmore2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done few searches on similiar issues but don't think my issue is quite the same. When I boot the Wii I get a black screen. I turned it off, hit Power and then immediately held the reset button and I get into the Recovery menu which lets me load the System Menu etc. The problem is my controllers don't sync with the Wii at all. I tried the sync buttons on the Wiimote and the Sync button on the Wii in many variations. If I used a GC controller can I use it to boot to the system menu, if so do you think the Bluetooth will be enabled again? I've been into the Recovery mode before and was able to use my Wiimote without any issues. Anyone seen this or have any suggestions? I'm running the Riiski Mod V2 with the .25 release if it makes a difference.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you able to use the GC controller? if so i would try using the recovery mode to access the tweaks and turn off the healthscreen from showing to see if that helps, or access the HBC to reinstall preloader.

gwetmore2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I just wanted to make sure a GC Controller would work for the Recovery Mode. I'll go pick one up and test it out. Hopefully I can reinstall the preloader and get my Bluetooth back. Thanks for the quick response!

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
give me a few minutes to find my GC controller to test it realquick

EDIT: ok i confirmed that my GC controller does work with Preloader, so i feel you can be successful in fixing your problem. i am off to bed. GL!!

gwetmore2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I picked up a GC Controller but still unable to load the systemmenu. I can get into HBC but when I try to install preloader .025 I can't enter the password because I'm using a GC Controller, is there a code compatible with the GC Controller? I've also tried booting with the Y button pressed on the GC Controller and booting a retail game but when it starts to boot the screen stays black. Any advice on how I can get out of this?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your Wii's bluetooth module might be defective. But try running the hacks.ini remover first, and check if that fixes it. Then try reinstalling the system menu. If it's still black, then I would say it's probably the bluetooth module.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluetooth module is a good guess, but if that was the Case your Wii shouldn't even boot into recovery Mode? Even Preloader
Cause the Bluetooth Module Starts every early in the boot process,
other than that i would try what Diffusion said, Sounds like a good plan, But in doing so your Preloader will be removed, So try all options before doing that

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gwetmore2345 said:
I removed the hacks.ini already(still black). I'm not familiar with reinstalling the system menu, where is that?

Yea but when you do that, If it doesn't work you would be stuck without Preloader\HBC, I will hold off on doing that right now, Let someone come up with a better idea First, Before attempting that, But to do that, You could run Any Region Changer though HBC to reinstall your system menu Plus not sure if you could do it without a working Wiimote GC controller should work though , But really i would be in no hurry to do that just yet

gwetmore2345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed the hacks.ini and I still have access to the Preloader\HBC. Starting to think it may be the bluetooth module, going to take it apart and re-seat to see if there is any change. Thanks for the suggestions so far, if anyone else has anything to add it would be greatly appreciated!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gwetmore2345 said:
I removed the hacks.ini and I still have access to the Preloader\HBC. Starting to think it may be the bluetooth module, going to take it apart and re-seat to see if there is any change. Thanks for the suggestions so far, if anyone else has anything to add it would be greatly appreciated!
yea try that, Or if you have a friend that doesn't mind you take apart his wii, you could try switching out Bluetooth modules and see if it is the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins