Black screen

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Licardo7, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Licardo7
    OP

Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    well, a few months ago I noticed that my screen was black, I thought that it was just because my comp was on stand by (sleeping) so I tryed shaking my mouse but nothing. I pressed every key and plunged/unplugged the screen. NOTHING, I did everything possible and waited for half-an-hour. Again nothing so i was forced to push the power button and reboot it. It worked. Then it happened again and again and again. Sometimes it says "resuming windows" and then go's black but most of the time it works. I'm really worried that this hurting my comp so I wanna see what I can do to to fix it.

Can some one please help?

2. BiscuitBee

BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Jul 30, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Try turning off Hibernation. I forget if "Resuming Windows" is the message when exiting hibernation, though.

3. Licardo7
    OP

Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    I'll try it, thanx

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Yeah sounds like hibernation, does your PC get a black screen after being left on or does it get a black screen when you try to turn it on?

5. Licardo7
    OP

Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    After being left.

6. Lee79

Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

Jul 29, 2007
    ctf_2fort
    Also go to Control Panel > Power options > and change all settings to "Never" and apply.