Black Screen?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ponchods, Sep 17, 2008.

Sep 17, 2008

Black Screen? by ponchods at 4:18 AM (783 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ponchods
    OP

Newcomer ponchods Member

United States
    I got my AK2 yesterday and well I was working fine till now. When ever I turn my DS on and boot it up it just shows a black screen after the loading screen. How can I fix this?

2. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dunno if that is a symptom of a bad card (the 2 i know are "Fat Error" and the binary "10101010101" ones), but is it a v1.2 Acekard2?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=101670

If not, there are people still selling reserves from a bad batch.

Did you change any of the files from the last time it worked?

EDIT: I did find this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98259, this user was trying to make a game work and it would only give him black screens. The Acekard has an autorun feature where it will auto run the last game played... might wanna check the globalsettings.ini and set autorunWithLastRom = 0

If the last game you tried is bad and that setting is 1, it would boot back to the black screens (dunno for sure what the bypass is, but i ran the game, turned it off, booted, it autoran, turned it off... then on poweron held the B button, brought me back to the firmware (this on an RPG, with the AIO, my Acekard2 is out for RMA)

3. ponchods
    OP

Newcomer ponchods Member

United States
    I only added 2 skins and a Rom. I tried deleting the firmware and re-downloading it (AKIO or w/e it's called)but that didn't work. I then tried to download the latest firmware from the Acekard website. It just showed a green and blue screen. Also, I did get the FAT error twice but all I did was reinsert the cart/SD card and it started working. Oh and it is not 2.1

4. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you got the fat error at all... send it back, it's apparently a ticking timebomb [​IMG]