Homebrew Black screen with TwilightMenu++ on 3ds

allfor3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, first of all, sorry for my English. I come from France.

I dowloaded TwilightMenu and installed it on my old3ds xl but as soon as I go on TwilightMenu++ Rocketrobz, there is a black screen and I don't know why, no matter how many time I go there.

It's with Luma. There is no linker. I have the latest luma's version

Can you help me ?

allfor3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, my 3ds is not broken. It's just when I go to TwilightMenu, there is a black screen but I can return to the home menu by touching buttons. And in the guide, there is no explanation to the TwilightMenu's black sreen.

mightywii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, when you open System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Nintendo DS Connection, it boots into DSi mode properly letting you setup wifi for DSi games?

allfor3ds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to be clear, when you open System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Nintendo DS Connection, it boots into DSi mode properly letting you setup wifi for DSi games?

Maybe, that's the problem because when I open Nintendo ds connection, there is a black screen but by touching any buttons (home or not), I can return to the home menu
Is this normal ? How can we solve this problem ?

Since I touched "Nintendo ds connection" I have not internet connection anymore even with a new connection.

Last edited by allfor3ds,

mightywii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, that's the problem because when I open Nintendo ds connection, there is a black screen but by touching any buttons (home or not), I can return to the home menu
Is this normal ? How can we solve this problem ?

Since I touched "Nintendo ds connection" I have not internet connection anymore even with a new connection.
You need to follow that guide like Robz8 said in the first reply. I'm not really sure why it would break your internet connection though, hopefully it will resolve when DSi mode is fixed. I did the NTR bootrom exploit myself and was not lucky enough to have this issue.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Twilight Loader was discontinued I think.
I would use DSIMenu++, It's the same thing but better
TWiLight Menu++ is the latest version of DSiMenu++. TWLoader was the one that was discontinued

Reactions: NightScript

Leena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!
I've got the same black screen. I installed the Updater and follow the step, meaning press release in front of TWL Menu ++ and in front of nds-bootstrap.
I also get the black screen when I get to System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Nintendo DS Connection, except I have to shut down the 3DS to come back to the menu.
I followed the step proposed by @Robz8 but I still have the black screen in the internet setting and when I try to launch TwilightMenu++ Rocketrobz

Do you think you can help me?
Thank you

help_me_out09

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I am twilight menu++ on my 3ds sd card and i've got a problem i got upper white screen and down black screen (have cfw old 2ds).
Can anyone help me out

ThatDumbGaijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am twilight menu++ on my 3ds sd card and i've got a problem i got upper white screen and down black screen (have cfw old 2ds).
Can anyone help me out
That is because you are most likely running a DSi-enhanced game in DSi mode, or are using cheats, or are playing a game with anti-piracy DSi-enhanced games must be played in DS mode, if that doesn't fix it, deactivate all cheats for the game, if THAT doesn't help, there are AP patches stored somewhere here

Arcolus

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,

I followed the steps in the link given by @Robz8 to fix it, but I still have the black screen when I try to launch TwilightMenu++

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.