Hacking [Black Screen] Original US Copy of Mad World Won't Play on Modifie

odinfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Yaosm 3.2, Just turn off the update blocker by using the yaosm config disc 3.0 and then just run the update using the Madworld disc. It will update your Wii with the correct IOS files and will NOT update your system menu. After running the update on the Madworld disc, I am still on 3.2U. Game now plays fine using the disc channel and I can still install and uninstall wads.

In other words, its pretty much safe to run the update off the disc no matter what chip you are using. It will not update your system menu only the IOS files necessary to play the game. You just have to turn off any update blocker you have installed.

Hope this helps.

RolfThiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here like mentioned before ...
CIOS rev08 and BL with 002fix - everything works like a charm!
Should also be possible with the original!

Maybe as a chip user you have to make those extra steps.
Beware - if you run Customs like Manhunt2/GH ... check that you don't loose the Trucha Bug with any WAD installation!

gamez1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. This is my first post. I came here looking for a fix to the black screen from mad World. Everything that everyone says here is Greek to me. WHAT is a IOS/002-fix loader??? Like someone posted before, I've had trouble finding what it actually "is." Is it something that patches the ISO or something in the mod-chip? I have a WiiKey in my Wii and Mad World isn't working. Is there a way someone could post a link to a tutorial or give an explanation to what this whole problem exactly is? (I.E. Why it's a black screen and how to fix it.) Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gamez1985 said:
Hey everyone. This is my first post. I came here looking for a fix to the black screen from mad World. Everything that everyone says here is Greek to me. WHAT is a IOS/002-fix loader??? Like someone posted before, I've had trouble finding what it actually "is." Is it something that patches the ISO or something in the mod-chip? I have a WiiKey in my Wii and Mad World isn't working. Is there a way someone could post a link to a tutorial or give an explanation to what this whole problem exactly is? (I.E. Why it's a black screen and how to fix it.) Thanks.

Either just install the disc update(from your region!) or get to know what homebrew is, install the HBC, and then either install the IOS or run a loader.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
if you look on the back of the case above the platinum games and havok logos, you'll see the message "unauthorized technical modifications to your wii console may render this game unplayable" just giving you a heads up.

.......So......What the fuck, Nintendo? Gonna go down that road of fleecing your customers playing legit copies, huh? I mean, why print it on the box unless you're telling the people who bought your game that they can't do what they want with their console and still purchase your software. Good fuckin' going, way to advise against piracy. And thanks for the hour of confusion, black screen and shitty bout of troubleshooting without updating my fucking console just to play what i just paid $50 for while GBATemp was restoring :/

If it weren't for the amazing spltterfest this game is, I might still be pissed
wink.gif
I wouldn't say that is nintendo's fault and neither is it an attempt to block you from playing an original game. All they are saying is that if you have modded your system(your fault) with something that blocks disc updates like starfall/preloader and don't have the needed IOSes that they are trying to give you then they can't help unless you expect them to put how to fix softmod/system mod problem in the manual then i say you are more to blame then nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...