Hacking [Black Screen] Original US Copy of Mad World Won't Play on Modifie

Willyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, folks. I apologize that my first post is a cry for help, but here's hoping we'll get through this quickly and life can be peachy again.

Today, I hit the store and purchased Mad World, a game I've been excited about playing for quite some time. After getting home, I opened it up and put the disk into my Wii. The system boots, the game appears in the Disk Channel, and once I hit Start...

Black screen.

This happens multiple times, leaving me 50 dollars short and unable to play the game. For the hell of it, I tried booting it through GeckoOS, but I get this #002 Error. Whether or not that has to do with it being a newer title or an older copy of something, I am unsure.

So what might be the problem here? Is it something small I'm missing, or do I get to go through the delightful process of unmodding my Wii?

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gentlemen, what is the 002 fix? I'm using Preloader with region free enable? Do I have to do something to the ISO before I burn it?

Zackcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any information on the required IOS or if that is even the problem? Kinda sucks getting home from a long day at work to be greeted by a black screen from something you have been waiting to play all day.

I tried Google but nothing seems to help. Oh well thanks in advance.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Willyboo said:
Hello, folks. I apologize that my first post is a cry for help, but here's hoping we'll get through this quickly and life can be peachy again.

Today, I hit the store and purchased Mad World, a game I've been excited about playing for quite some time. After getting home, I opened it up and put the disk into my Wii. The system boots, the game appears in the Disk Channel, and once I hit Start...

Black screen.

This happens multiple times, leaving me 50 dollars short and unable to play the game. For the hell of it, I tried booting it through GeckoOS, but I get this #002 Error. Whether or not that has to do with it being a newer title or an older copy of something, I am unsure.

So what might be the problem here? Is it something small I'm missing, or do I get to go through the delightful process of unmodding my Wii?

Are you missing an important information?
Someting like: "I have starfall installed to block disc updates"?
Get to know which IOS is needed for the game, extract it from the disc with wufe and install it with WAD Manager.

All loaders suffer from the 002 error when trying to play a game with the 002 protection. If you want to play the game via Gecko OS, get Gecko OS with 002 fix.

AlphaAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Willyboo said:

Black screen.

This has been happening to many people. There are two options here. Install the IOS from the disc or WUFE and WadManager, or use Gecko OS

You'll need to install the Gecko OS 002 fix, and have to run it through Gecko OS everytime.

I'm pretty sure it's IOS55, but I have not run it through WUFE yet. With installing IOS55 you'll lose the fake signing bug, so it's your choice.

I really don't know where this black screen is coming from though.

AlphaAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zackcat said:
I have IOS55 installed but still get the problem. Just to clarify.
Do you have any starfall patches on? Because I found the same problem, but just turned off all starfall patches and it worked perfectly. I don't really know if that's what is affecting it though.

A gut feeling tells me that this 'black screen' could possibly be related to Nintendo's efforts to do away with homebrew, I'm probably just jumping to conclusions though.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Run the game in SoftChip while logging is enabled and you have a sd card inserted. Then you will have a logfile on your sd card with the information you want.

You don't loose the fakesigning bug when installing IOS55. You have all IOS installed at the same time, each in the latest version you installed. In other words if the game requested IOS55 and did not work ==> you didn't have IOS55 ==> installing IOS55 doesn't overwrite anything, all fakesigned discs which worked before will still work. Exceptions for this are the IOS used by the disc channel(s) IOS30 and IOS50, but that's another category of IOS.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the exact same problem and did a combination of things including removing my starfall patches and loading my original with gamma 002 fix via the homebrew channel and only then, it boots and plays fine so far, up to level 2 boss, but ANYWAY my real reason for posting is this:

if you look on the back of the case above the platinum games and havok logos, you'll see the message "unauthorized technical modifications to your wii console may render this game unplayable" just giving you a heads up.

.......So......What the fuck, Nintendo? Gonna go down that road of fleecing your customers playing legit copies, huh? I mean, why print it on the box unless you're telling the people who bought your game that they can't do what they want with their console and still purchase your software. Good fuckin' going, way to advise against piracy. And thanks for the hour of confusion, black screen and shitty bout of troubleshooting without updating my fucking console just to play what i just paid $50 for while GBATemp was restoring :/

If it weren't for the amazing spltterfest this game is, I might still be pissed
wink.gif

What exactly does the 002 error mean anyway? i couldn't find out much of what it *is* just that there are fixes....

goku21temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlphaAxe said:
I'm pretty sure it's IOS55, but I have not run it through WUFE yet. With installing IOS55 you'll lose the fake signing bug, so it's your choice.

what? can you explain that please. or any other person please... i installed it as wad on my original 3.2E (not downgraded) ... so how did i loose the fakesigning bug? i still installed wads after that and all games on wiigator run fine too...

Willyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, folks.

After fussing around, I ended up using a loader with the 002 fix. Installing IOS55 did nothing noticeable, and I couldn't figure out what other wads it needed. The new loader was the quicker solution.

Thank you very much for your help.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Willyboo said:
Hello, folks.

After fussing around, I ended up using a loader with the 002 fix. Installing IOS55 did nothing noticeable, and I couldn't figure out what other wads it needed. The new loader was the quicker solution.

Thank you very much for your help.

Pretty much ran the same route. When you use something like SoftMii to run games from this disc channel is this missing the 002 fix?

Willyboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaSxorz said:
I think MadWorld uses IOS53, and not 55.

After hearing this in several places, I gave it another go and installed IOS53. Works fine in the regular loader now. No backup loaders or geckos necessary!

Thank you!

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im only running the New CIOS rev8 and FW 3.3U and i can run this game fine i can run it fine also on 3.4u FW with New CIOS Rev8 installed .. (Using Backup launcher)
no update info or nothing pops up .. seems Aok Using bot

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for people with the 002 error, just install waninkoko CIOS rev8 and it will fix that.

it worked for me with sonic and the black knight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi