Hacking Black Screen on wii boot

aNi-SD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys, I created a custom channel using wadder, installed on wii using wad manager without a problem. but on reboot i just got a blackscreen
it shows the health warning but after that is purely black, no warning or error shows up
i was wondering if i could use some kind of boot from the sd card or boot directly to homebrew and so remove the channel

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah preloader or bootmii as boot2. Do u have either. If not why would u mess with customs channels? U can fix it by unistalling the wad but need either bootmii or preloader to access hbc. U might could get it work with autoboot modcip if u had one.

aNi-SD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well customs and my own channels never brick my wii this hard, a corrupt error, a "???" channel or channels that wii couldnt even recognize on memory, but not this. i had bootmii as boot2 but it crashed every time i run it, i decide then to remove it, still repairing wii errors without it moslty because i had add acess to the wii system menu --'

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably crashed cuz u had incompatibe sd or something. Do u have preloader? If not there ain't much u can do besides mabe autoboot modchip

aNi-SD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think it was incompatibility with the sd i've already install other wads only had problems in the beginning also no error on wad manager while installing it its just bizarre that it happen i personaly choose the dol file for the channel just like the banner and icon images and sound, it create it with no errors and the installation was also clean but on reboot ... tannntannn!! blackscreen after health and safety.
i never got preloder to install or set, boot freezed after launching and preloader gived me a error message

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
So... You don't have a modchip, Preloader, Bootmii or access to your System Menu? In summary, you're fuct
frown.gif

aNi-SD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but i still want to try some things, could be stupid but the recovery menu or rescue menu may actually work, now i dont have a game cube controller but i have a universal controller that works on wii to ( at least with the demos from super smash bros, so works like a game cube controller on wii ) thing is my wii is update to date so (4.1e) thats the part i dont know after patch wii i updated it from the internet and from game discs, never ad a problem with that and things still worked, sd games, backups and usb games
so this may work or not.. im just trying to have hope, still if i cant repair it i'll probably buy a new one next year since mine is a 2006 wii , so wii remote is less accurate, just dont know if nintendo actually upgraded the power of the hardware like microsoft did with the 2004 xbox --

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D