Black screen on sysnand (switch)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Salamander123, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

1. Salamander123
    OP

Salamander123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    Finland
    Okay, so I happened to do something really stupid and I'm not gonna blame it on my goldfish or dog. Updated to 7.0.0

I have a switch with sx os with sysnand (black screen) and emunand (working perfectly in 6.2) in separate SD cards, AutoRCM enabled. I got into my sysnand SD card (I use it to play smash online), got into the CFW and updated from 6.2.0 to 7.0.0 using ChoiDujourNX AutoRCM enabled. Console is still in AutoRCM but when I try to get into sysnand I only get a black screen.

I've looked other posts and I haven't found any clues about it, only someone having a similar issue having to boot sysnand from RCM mode.

Also I didn't update through the official store since I don't have a jig (waiting for the delivery of one)

I also have a nand backup (from the sx os menu) but seems I didn't do a back up of the boot 0/1...

Can anyone help me solve this?

2. fringle

fringle GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    Canada
    It sounds like your fuse count is too low to boot ofw without a payload. Since you didn't update through official channels it didn't update your fuse count to boot 7.0.0 without the use of a payload.

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    SX backup should have everything (but don't quote me on this, I have never used it).
    How are you trying to boot to the SysNAND?

4. Salamander123
    OP

Salamander123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    Finland
    injecting the payload from my computer, sx os menu, selecting OFW.

Btw, the nand backup has boot0, boot1 and full.00 to full.07, everything is 29.1 Gb
    I inject payload from my computer

Last edited by Salamander123, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It is not safe to play online that way. You are not really in stock OFW, there are still patches applied such as disabling the fuse check. Disable AutoRCM and load stock OFW normally which will work fine with 7.0, and boot RCM when you want to use CFW.

Salamander123 likes this.
  6. Salamander123
    OP

Salamander123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    Finland
    Thanks for the reply. What I'm wondering now (considering the situation of my sysnand giving me black screen) do you think it might be some sort of a soft brick and I should try to restore my name back up or should I just try turning off auto RCM and try getting like that to sysnand

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Just turn off AutoRCM and it should work.

Salamander123 and MorningBlunt like this.
  8. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    He'd lose the ability to easily boot 6.2.0 (although first he needs to downgrade).
    OP, try booting to stock via hekate (either reboot to stock or the stock option in launch menu)

9. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    sx os doesn't support 7.0 that's probably why you can't boot to ofw 7.0 from sx os menu, will have to wait for 7.0 cfw

10. Salamander123
    OP

Salamander123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    Finland
    But with 2.5.3 it was supposed to be possible to have sysnand on 7.0.0 and emunand in whatever, shouldn't it work?

Wouldn't it be possible to just turn off AutoRCM to get to sysnand and use the jig to get to emunand?

11. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Yes.

12. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    you can boot up to emunand 6.2 if your ofw is 7.0, it doesn't supports7.0

Salamander123 likes this.
  13. Salamander123
    OP

Salamander123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Tuesday
    Finland
    True. Yeah I have my emunand on 6.2

I guess I'll wait til my jig arrives unless we get a sx os update.

Thanks a lot. Will update this post once I do sth