Hardware Black screen on powerup

WulfyWoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I docked my Switch last night after playing Smash and went to bed. Woke up and it was powered off. So I tried to boot into normal OS to maybe see if there was an update and it wouldn't start up. The Nintendo logo showed up but not the Switch logo. So I tried again and the same thing. Booted into RCM and injected hekate and that worked fine but when I tried booting into CFW again the same thing. I just wanted to get back into Smash and unlock the last few characters I needed.

sayja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Did you have themes installed?
If I remember correctly, that can cause something like that, if they malfunction/if you update...

WulfyWoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have themes installed?
If I remember correctly, that can cause something like that, if they malfunction/if you update...
I did have a theme installed. Is there a way to remove it if I insert my micro SD Card on my PC?

WulfyWoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reviving this old thread because I forgot about it and only just tried again to restore my Switch but I've deleted the titles folders from the atmosphere folder and even tried installing cfw again from scratch with no success. Booting it up with no SD card yields the same result of Nintendo logo then shutting off. If anyone has any ideas of what to do I'd greatly appreciate it

sayja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Reviving this old thread because I forgot about it and only just tried again to restore my Switch but I've deleted the titles folders from the atmosphere folder and even tried installing cfw again from scratch with no success. Booting it up with no SD card yields the same result of Nintendo logo then shutting off. If anyone has any ideas of what to do I'd greatly appreciate it
Do you have a nand backup? Might be the only way to restore that and then start anew...

WulfyWoof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a nand backup? Might be the only way to restore that and then start anew...
I do but I don't know how to restore it. Tried using hekate or whatever the bootloader is called but it seems like it's only trying to restore it to the emunand

sayja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D