Hacking Question Black screen on OFW boot, CFW works fine

K3mpst0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mariko Switch with SX Core installed. I updated OFW to 11.00 about a week ago and updated my boot.dat to 3.1.0. This resulted in OFW on 11.00 and an Emunand on 10.2.0 and both were booting fine initially. However, I'm unsure what has happened since, but now OFW when selected from the SX startup screen just produces a black screen, Emunand is still booting absolutely fine. I'm not ruling out the possibility of my son inadvertently having updated the OFW firmware to 11.01, but from what I have read that shouldn't result in OFW not booting anyway.

Any help would be appreciated. I've got a NAND backup I can restore if required, although it was made when the OFW was on 10.2.0 so I'm not sure if that would mean it can't now be used? Or could waiting for a SX update to fully support 11.01 fix this issue?

K3mpst0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, my son has just indicated he thinks he performed a system update from the Emunand. I didn't even realise that was possible, and I've no idea what update would have been attempted. I also have the Emunand blocked from connecting to Nintendo with SX OS Stealth mode. A bit lost what to do here now.

K3mpst0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone also confirm restoring the 10.2.0 nand backup is no longer possible given that the update to 11.00 was performed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone also confirm restoring the 10.2.0 nand backup is no longer possible given that the update to 11.00 was performed?
You can restore any firmware from an eMMC backup as long as the console is not patched or a Mariko unit because the exploit allows us to bypass the fuse check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...