Homebrew Question Black screen on boot after 12.1.0 & 0.19.5 upgrade

youwilldienext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone! Yesterday I decided to upgrade my switch and atm installation. I used AIO and Daybreak. I also updated sigpatches. Everything went fine, switch booted normally and games launched fine. Then I tried to reinstall a custom theme. Boom. I went to delete the folder and after doing so I expected everything would go back to normal but that is not the case. After the boot sequence, screen stays black after the 2nd atmosphere logo or the black and white one (sometimes it seems to reach the official switch logo but it never shows up).
At this point I'm pretty lost. I tried deleting atmosphere files in my SD and copying them back, reapplying sigpatches, deleting other custom sysmodules (I tried deleting sys-con but with no results, don't know if I should delete all modules in the folder).

Is there anything I can try before formatting my SD card and starting over again? I would like to avoid that if possible

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm no expert but have you deleted the custom themes folder & did you use latest nxthemes release.

• You installed a bad theme. You can remove it by going into the /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000/romfs/lyt and deleting every file in that folder.
  • Note: contents is called titles on Atmosphere versions 0.9.4 and below

youwilldienext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm no expert but have you deleted the custom themes folder & did you use latest nxthemes release.

• You installed a bad theme. You can remove it by going into the /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000/romfs/lyt and deleting every file in that folder.
  • Note: contents is called titles on Atmosphere versions 0.9.4 and below
yes I have deleted all files in the /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000/romfs/lyt and even the full 0100000000001000 folder. also have deleted other custom sysmodules (sys-con)

I used the last version of nxthemes to install the theme (the application threw a message saying that it was not compatible with 12.1.0 and asking to update)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update LockpickRCM, and redump your keys.
will try and let you know, thank you. Just to know, I've never had to redump my keys, why could this be an issue now?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete all your atmosphere files and replace them, also replace the patches. Use the hekate usb feature to mount the SD so you don't have to take it out. It is a problem with the AIO updater.

yes I have deleted all files in the /atmosphere/contents/0100000000001000/romfs/lyt and even the full 0100000000001000 folder. also have deleted other custom sysmodules (sys-con)

I used the last version of nxthemes to install the theme (the application threw a message saying that it was not compatible with 12.1.0 and asking to update)

will try and let you know, thank you. Just to know, I've never had to redump my keys, why could this be an issue now?

Has nothing to do with the keys.

Reactions: youwilldienext

youwilldienext

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Delete all your atmosphere files and replace them, also replace the patches. Use the hekate usb feature to mount the SD so you don't have to take it out. It is a problem with the AIO updater.

Has nothing to do with the keys.

ok so I was 100% sure I had already done this but decided to try it again and I managed to boot the thing. won't be playing with more custom themes for the moment xd

Thank you so much!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I was 100% sure I had already done this but decided to try it again and I managed to boot the thing. won't be playing with more custom themes for the moment xd

Thank you so much!

You can use theme but everytime you do a firmware update the theme needs to be re-configured, yea it is better off not to use theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users