Hacking Black Screen of Death NRTBOOT FIX HELP!

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Old 3DS U , unknown previous firmware
All console lights turning on, but console won't start when the power button is pressed
Force Update doesn't work
NTRBoot works, I could acess latest GodMode9 and successfully CTRTransfered a 11.5U OLD.bin CRTNAND image using GodMode. Followed this guide:
https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer.html

Problem? Still geting black screen
How to fix it?

Problem started with a non modified Old3DS that was updating. Suddently all the lights from my house were gone and the console turned of (The AC Adapter was connected)

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it wasn't previosly modified
My point was that, regardless of its previous state, you should either install B9S/Luma, or, if you want it to remain on OFW, follow https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw

It is likely that the version of NATIVE_FIRM installed to the FIRM partitions is too old to actually launch the home menu that was updated to. The uninstall script should fix your FIRM partition.

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My point was that, regardless of its previous state, you should either install B9S/Luma, or, if you want it to remain on OFW, follow https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw

It is likely that the version of NATIVE_FIRM installed to the FIRM partitions is too old to actually launch the home menu that was updated to. The uninstall script should fix your FIRM partition.

well, i need to follow a guide to uninstall something I don't have? The 3DS is not softmoded so it has no cfw installed on it. U think that if I instal B9S/Luma the crtnand already transfered will work?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already explained why. "Uninstall CFW" could just as easily be renamed "restore NATIVE_FIRM to FIRM partitions" except nobody would know what the fuck that means. Either follow Uninstall CFW or install B9S to overwrite your old FIRM partition, depending on whether or not you want CFW installed.

Reactions: Skeagle

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I already explained why. "Uninstall CFW" could just as easily be renamed "restore NATIVE_FIRM to FIRM partitions" except nobody would know what the fuck that means. Either follow Uninstall CFW or install B9S to overwrite your old FIRM partition, depending on whether or not you want CFW installed.

Ok, now I get it. I'll try it and give you the feedback. Thanks for the help.
Do you think it will work in this similar problem of mine? :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/blue-screen-of-death-nrtboot-fix-help.487012/#post-7640278

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ratier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If the only problem was a corrupted FIRM partition, then yeah, but it sounds like there might have been more wrong with it.
it worked for the 3DS with black screen! Many thanks. Only one question left: and now? I have done a CTR Transfer before following the 3ds guide you gave me. The system that is installed is a CTR image? It's 100% ok now? This 3ds is my friend's and he doesn't want anything to do with cfw so I need to be sure no modification in the console was made and he can use it normally as if the brick never happened

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked for the 3DS with black screen! Many thanks. Only one question left: and now? I have done a CTR Transfer before following the 3ds guide you gave me. The system that is installed is a CTR image? It's 100% ok now? This 3ds is my friend's and he doesn't want anything to do with cfw so I need to be sure no modification in the console was made and he can use it normally as if the brick never happened
Yeah, it should be good to go, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.