Hardware Black screen in handheld mode.

Curiosity0072

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but my Switch has an issue, in handheld mode the screen remains grey but it's responsive, the touchscreen works but doesn't show any image But, in dock mode eveything works perfectly. Any ideas of what the problem may be?

I tried the hard reset method and it didn't work also I asked this before in another topic, sorry if I inflict any rule, thanks in advance!

Curiosity0072

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Might be faulty LCD, seen a lot that was the opposite though, work handheld mode, and dock mode doesn't work. Perhaps you damaged one of the chips onboard.

I was thinking that too, the thing is i never dropped or opened the console. If I can't find any solution, probably have to send it to repair :/

WadsRUs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP, shine a very strong light at the screen - does anything show up? If so then the backlight has failed (it's probably an issue where the backlight cable plugs into its connector on the motherboard, could be corrosion caused by water damage for example, or the tab on the locking connector has flipped open).

Could also be an LCD issue or a problem where its main cable plugs into a connector on the motherboard.

If the Switch is under warranty then send it back to Nintendo, but make sure you backup any save data first to Nintendo Switch Online.

Reactions: Curiosity0072

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom