Hacking Black screen, can't start ofw or cfw and seems I can't enter rcm either

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there, I had a problem with entering ofw and cfw. Cfw gave me an error but I couldn't restart since everytime it booted into atmosphere, so I tried to power it off by pressing for some seconds the power button and when the console turned off it wasn't in rcm mode (I was in auto-rcm) and now it seems I can't go to rcm mode. Dunno what happened, if I could get to hekate I would solve the other problems, but I can't. I tried pressing the power button for 12-15 seconds and hen using the jig, but it doesn't work and I don't know what to do.

Edit: I actually managed to inject the paylod few times but, everytime the console power off after injecting it

Last edited by Antoaron,

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok after playing a bit with the jig I actually got the rcm and injected hekate 5.0, but now I have a blackscreen instead ??

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete every thing off your sd minus your nintendo folder save anything else that you need and restart fresh from a clean slate

D

Deleted User

Enter Maintenace Mode (Horizon OS Recovery Mode Not Tegra's)

Hold Down the Volume Up and Down Buttons at the same time, then press the power button it should boot into Maintenance mode.

From there reset to factory settings see what happens.

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Enter Maintenace Mode (Horizon OS Recovery Mode Not Tegra's)

From there reset to factory settings see what happens.

Tried it, can't seem to get into maintenance mode, I wanted to try and do it while on hekate, but it gives me a black screen for that too

D

Deleted User

You also mentioned Auto-RCM, Auto-RCM eats a lot of battery if your battery dies you shorten the consoles lifespan. Charge the Switch for a bit (1 Hour) and Inject Hekate with NYX from there launch Stock SYSNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is why i don't use Auto-RCM

Last edited by ,

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My console was doing fine battery wise, like it was at 50% before powering off two hours ago, but I'll try charging it anw and trying again to inject

D

Deleted User

Two Hours is enough for Auto-RCM to eat the battery puke it, eat the puke. And Poop.

Also was Hekate with NYX or not?

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah it was, the last release

It showed the hekate loading bar and then turned off

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was, the last release

It showed the hekate loading bar and then turned off
Boot into Hekate. If you have AutoRCM enabled, disable it. After that, dock your Switch. What happens? A lot of what you're describing sounds like a dead (or nearly dead) battery with AutoRCM installed.

Edit: If you can't enter Hekate, do the following:
  1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Either plug the Switch into your computer via USB or the dock while the dock is connected to the charger
  4. Wait about 30 minutes to an hour
  5. Try sending a payload such as Hekate. If it succeeds, use Hekate's "Power Off" function and keep the console plugged in so it can continue charging at a faster rate. If the payload did not work, try charging the console for longer or charge it elsewhere
Once you can successfully enter Hekate, disable AutoRCM. If you want to continue using AutoRCM, remember that your Switch should be kept in sleep mode whenever it's not being used. If you accidentally leave it in RCM, the battery will drain.

Auto-RCM eats a lot of battery
AutoRCM doesn't eat any battery. RCM eats a lot of battery. AutoRCM is relatively safe. As long as one keeps his or her Switch in sleep mode whenever it's not being used, AutoRCM is not likely to cause any issues.

Even in cases of dead batteries, a Switch with AutoRCM will still trickle charge enough to eventually re-enter RCM.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: MUDD_BR
D

Deleted User

Boot into Hekate. If you have AutoRCM enabled, disable it. After that, dock your Switch. What happens? A lot of what you're describing sounds like a dead (or nearly dead) battery with AutoRCM installed.

AutoRCM doesn't eat any battery. RCM eats a lot of battery. AutoRCM is relatively safe. As long as one keeps his or her Switch in sleep mode whenever it's not being used, AutoRCM is not likely to cause any issues.

Even in cases of dead batteries, a Switch with AutoRCM will still trickle charge enough to eventually re-enter RCM.

The OP said that he/she can't enter Hekate.

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to let it rest on the dock to charge, in one hour I'll try again with hekate. Anw it seemed strange to me that it was the rcm fault, since I never was in rcm for such a long time, and when it powered off I know it was surely at 40% charge. Hope that's the only problem and I can solve it by just charging it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to let it rest on the dock to charge, in one hour I'll try again with hekate. Anw it seemed strange to me that it was the rcm fault, since I never was in rcm for such a long time, and when it powered off I know it was surely at 40% charge. Hope that's the only problem and I can solve it by just charging it.
If you don't power off properly with AutoRCM, you will enter RCM instead of powering off. In addition, with AutoRCM installed, your Switch will automatically enter RCM if you press the power button or plug it in while it's off.

In summary, you likely entered RCM accidentally, and your battery drained. With AutoRCM installed, you should always leave your Switch in sleep mode when it's not being used.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol