Hacking Black Screen brick

slicknessessity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son upgraded his wii to 4.2u and it nolonger played any of the usb loader games I installed. After following several guides, I was able to get the homebrew channel and Boot mii back. But none of my usb loader or some of my homebrew will work. I have uninstalled the ios249 and used dop-ios v8 to work on 4.2u. Everything was installed, yet the games still won't work.

I decided to re-update 4.2u after backing my nand to make a fresh start. After the install, I had a black screen appear and the wiimote turns off. The cause of the brick is probably from the boot mii that was installed to boot 2 since I forgot to uninstall it. I've seen a couple of months old threads that posts about this, but nothing recent.

If I'm missing something, by all means share your solutions. It would be a big help.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
BootMii boot2 is something you should never uninstall, it certainly did not cause the brick. Actually it protected you against it, as you can load cBoot2 and reinstall the 4.2 WAD - try doing that
smile.gif

slicknessessity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jdbye said:
BootMii boot2 is something you should never uninstall, it certainly did not cause the brick. Actually it protected you against it, as you can load cBoot2 and reinstall the 4.2 WAD - try doing that
smile.gif

I can't seem to find a thread for useful info about cboot2. If anyone has an idea or knows something, I would definitely appreciate anyone's help

Edit
: Boot mii won't load for some reason. I'm positive I have the files I need for it to show up. It has before and I only added a few apps to the memory card.
EDIT: I've got it working. Apparently, my boot mi files were corrupt, so boot mii couldn't function. I had to remove the SD card to make it boot back to the wii menu. I will be able to re-hack my son's wii. I appreciate Everyone's help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: +1