OlivierTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Just after CIOSX 249 installation as 57 (without any restart of the WII), I was able to launch USB LOADER GX (and CIOSX 249 was identified) but when I tried to launch a game it froze.

At next start up of the WII I got a black screen and WIIMOTE doesn't seem to be able to connect to the WII.

Previously I was on CIOS 249 rev 17.

Unfornutelly I have not BOOTMII installed as it was not possible to install it in boot2 mode.

I have a virtual NAND on the Hard disk (for TRIIFORCE), Startpatch installed and Starfall (not 100% certain I didn't remove Starfall), I'm certain but I thought it gives a small anti-brick chance with a Gamecube pad.

WII system is (was ?) up to date thanks to PIMP MY WII so probably equivallent to WII system 4.1.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, try turning on the console using the wiimote power button. If you cannot, the bluetooth module is probably dead.

QUOTE said:
Startpatch installed and Starfall (not 100% certain I didn't remove Starfall), I'm certain but I thought it gives a small anti-brick chance with a Gamecube pad.
You did remove starfall (upgrading to 4.1 does that).

Assuming the console turns on with the wiimote in the above test, try SavemiiFrii (google it).

OlivierTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for you reply

I think that starpatch has a recovery menu too (same principle as starfall - Booting recovery menu by pressing Y on a Nintendo Gamecube controller in port 1).

Will it help (I need to find a gamecube pad) ?

I will check again to turn on WII with WIMOTE power button but I think I already tested it without success.

Regards

Olivier

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OlivierTheBest said:
I will check again to turn on WII with WIMOTE power button but I think I already tested it without success.
If the wiimote will not turn the wii on, it's a good indicator the bluetooth module is not functioning.

QUOTE(OlivierTheBest @ Jun 19 2010, 01:01 PM) I think that starpatch has a recovery menu too (same principle as starfall - Booting recovery menu by pressing Y on a Nintendo Gamecube controller in port 1).

Will it help (I need to find a gamecube pad) ?
If it is the bluetooth module, the only solution is to replace the dead module (which is pretty easy to do).

OlivierTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I have checked and I can can power on the WII with the WIIMOTE so BLUETOOTH is still working.

But I got a blue screen at startup.

So finally any suggestion ?

I'm going to find someone that has a gamecube pad.

Thanks a lot

Olivier

rest_easy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so my brother has something similiar where he was updating the wii and something froze. (he was following the update in the topmost sticky where he did the first 2 ios's fine and then had to install the next 23 or so ios's)
Now if he tries to start up it freezes to a black screen.
If he tries loading preloder then he can get to the homebrew channel but not the system menu.
He lost his NAND backup along with his computer HDD crashing. Lucky him.

Should he use this Savemii as well? (or savemefrii would obviously be better)
so he'd just run this with a disk inserted and the disk should have a system menu and it should just update?
that's what I've been reading so far. Thanks

(and sorry for the hijack)

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rest_easy said:
Ok, so my brother has something similiar where he was updating the wii and something froze. (he was following the update in the topmost sticky where he did the first 2 ios's fine and then had to install the next 23 or so ios's)
Now if he tries to start up it freezes to a black screen.
If he tries loading preloder then he can get to the homebrew channel but not the system menu.
He lost his NAND backup along with his computer HDD crashing. Lucky him.

Should he use this Savemii as well? (or savemefrii would obviously be better)
so he'd just run this with a disk inserted and the disk should have a system menu and it should just update?
that's what I've been reading so far. Thanks

(and sorry for the hijack)

LOL topic stealer?

Well, since you can get in priiloader/preloader. Use dopmii and reinstall your system menu and it will work.

rest_easy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks man that worked great for him. But then his wii updated to 4.3 (I believe his girlfriend pressed the update button.. doh!)

So I guess he'll have to wait a little while unless he can downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up