Black Screen after upgrading SD card (A9LH / CFW)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by jeremyraven, Apr 12, 2017.

1. jeremyraven
    OP

jeremyraven Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    I followed the 3ds Guide to hack my 3ds. Everything worked fine but I decide too install a bigger SD card.
    I just copy/paste the data from one SD card to the other. Now when I turn on the 3ds, it have a black screen. I have to turn it on without the sd card and then put it on to work. I tried deleting the
    ...extdata/00000000/0000008f folder and didn't work. Any idea how to fix this?

Note: I don't know much of this but I think I have sysnand (not emunand). Also I deleted (format) my old SD card.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    if your card is 64gb or higher, youll need a program to format it to fat32. also, test with h2testw to make sure your card is not a fake or corrupted.

3. jeremyraven
    OP

jeremyraven Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    The card is 32 Gb. The SD card work. Is just that I can't turn the 3DS with the SD card inside because it gives me a black screen. If I insert the sd card after turning on the 3ds, everything work just fine (the downloaded games give me no problems).
    Another note is that I had CHMM2 with a custom theme that I downloaded, and I delete that program because I read in another thread that that could be the problem but had no luck.

4. OSfrogOSsloth

OSfrogOSsloth Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting -> "Black screen on SysNAND boot" 1. option, step 5.
    I don't know how important this folder might be so you should try to just move it to your desktop or something.
    edit/ I can't read. Ignore this please...

Last edited by OSfrogOSsloth, Apr 12, 2017
  5. jeremyraven
    OP

jeremyraven Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    I did that. That was the folder I was talking about in the original message. I did it and still get the black screen. So I turn it on without the sd card and when I put it back, it creat the folder again and all the games appear in present pictures. Not all games work whean I do that. And the FBI, Freeshop, and the other things dont work. (I open the present and nothing appears). Also, some of the 3ds games like batman, star wars, mario kart 7, are unplayable. The I can play are the "retro ones". So I delete the folder again and insert the copy of the previous "0000008f" folder to return to my original problem.

The only thing I didn't do was the part
    num.3 "If you have a hardmod and a NAND backup, flash the backup back to SysNAND" because I don't know what that means or how to do that.
    But I tried the L + R+Up+A thing and "NADA".