Question Black screen after Reinx splash

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Box_77, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Box_77
    OP

Box_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Canada
    Just bought a switch model xaw1004xxxxx (a hackable serial number), fw 4.0.1. I saved my nand yesterday using a paperclip.

today im trying to install reinx, so I put in sd card the files from : github/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases (wont let me post). i tried both version 8 and 8.0.1.
    I inject payload, launch, choose reinx.bin, i see the reinx splash, the kind of flash right after, the switch logo shows after 2 min (vs few seconds in the youtube videos??). 30 seconds later i see the battery %, the home menu, but both appears for really a fraction of a second, then black screen.
    All i can do after is hold power button few seconds to boot on ofw. I tried lauching atmosphere rather than reinx, And also a factory reset, but still have the same issue.

Is this because its unhackable ? (Though the serial number should be ok). I have to update to fw just after 4.0.1, or even 5, using choixdujourNX and try again? (But i think its not possible because it needs cfw. Maybe then i just connect to internet and update to 5). I reinstall my nand backup ?

Note : before clicking launch reinx for the very first time, i cliked cfw, nothing happened, but i got error 2162-0002. But i think it has nothing to do with my problem.

Last edited by Box_77, Aug 23, 2018
  2. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

What version did you use?
    There is a new Version 8.0.1 that works OOTB for me!
    Try to DL it again and delete all the OLD files of your SD card (EXCEPT the Ninti folder!)
    Copy the files again and use the hekate_ctcaer_4.0.bin inside the folder as your payload!

That should do the trick ;)

Check here if it is a hackable one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number.481215/

Last edited Aug 23, 2018
  3. Box_77
    OP

Box_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Canada

4. issayloki

issayloki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2018
    Thailand
    Op If you beable to enter RCM and backup your nand iam sure your switch is hackable. For ReinX with black screen after splash and logo show so can you wait and try to press home button?, if it get into home screen that mean you will need to delete some file in folder that to do with game cart. Ps have you insert any game cart into switch when you boost into Reinx?. Hope it help you abit. :)

May be try to get file from here and try too
    https://discord.gg/JS8MWxv

Last edited by issayloki, Aug 24, 2018
    thorasgar likes this.
  5. Box_77
    OP

Box_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Canada
    I just bought a second switch. My 2nd in 48h. Lol. This one has 1 year old, serial xaw1001xxxx, fw 5.1. Just finished backing up the nand. I’ll try now to boot reinx using the same files.

Update: same sd card, same files, and now it works on my second console fw 5.1.0 !! So what do you suggest guys with my console No 1 ? :

1- update from 4.0.1 to 5.1.0 with nintendo. Update to a version prior to 5.1 is possible with nintendo ?
    2- update using choixdujour from 4.0.1 to 4.x or 5.x ? But i know its impossible because it takes CFW to do that.
    3- restore my nand (i already tried factory reset and it didnt fix the problem ).

Last edited by Box_77, Aug 24, 2018
  6. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Charge your Switch for 20 minutes+ then try again

7. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Maybe the card reader is broken. Does it detect the card when you're on ofw? Does it have the exfat update?

8. Box_77
    OP

Box_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Canada
    Its a new console. The Sd reader work for sure. Yes exfat. On ofw, it ask me to update to be able to use sd card because im on 4.0.1

9. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    Sounds like you don't have the exFAT update.
    If you have a spare SD card, or if you don't mind reformatting this one, try using guiformat to format it as FAT32 (you can set Allocation Unit Size to 32768).

Alternatively, you can just update.

10. Box_77
    OP

Box_77 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Canada
    But i was able to use exfat to backup my nand ! It means that rcm mode can use exfat, but ofw-cfw can not (unless i update ofw first), and thats why im stuck after the reinx splash....
    interesting ! So I dont have the choice to go to the console settings and update my fw to 5.1.

Question :
    i have to save again my nand once i update fw, or its useless because the nand gonna be the same ?
    Can i download from inte4net 4.1 and update ? With what tools ? (Im on 4.0.1)

Last edited by Box_77, Aug 24, 2018
  11. SirFranko

SirFranko Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2018
    Australia
    Have you tried removing fs_mitm.kip (not at my switch I think that’s the file) from the reinx modules folder?

I had issues on 3.0.1 when that was in there

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    RCM doesn't have exFAT support built into it; Hekate does which if you read the Hekate thread you would know about:
    Secondly, exFAT can be obtained without updating your firmware via multiple methods. The easiest of which is using ChoiDujourNX.

Quantumcat likes this.
  13. -----a

-----a GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2018
    United States
    Did you install firmware with choidujour and not select the update with exfat support?

Try formatting your SD card fat32, and then try injecting the payload.

If it works go into the homebrew menu and update your firmware using choi with exfat support, when that completes reformat your card with exfat and you should be good.

14. gt10

gt10 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Fiji
    i had the same problem.
    latest working version is with meteos stash 2.2
    with new clear install of newest version from discord it goes to black screen.
    but when i leave the old files from v2.2 on the sd card and just overwrite with the newest files it works.
    there must be one ore more files from the v2.2 that seems to be needed to start the cfw successfully.

my fw is 4.1

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    That's because Meteos Stash V2.2 has an illegal fs.kip file under sysmodules which provides exFAT support for your console but only as long as that fs.kip is there. Either permanently install the exFAT update into your console or you must always use that fs.kip whenever you have an exFAT formatted SD card.

16. gt10

gt10 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Fiji
    So newer versions of reinx does not work because of me using an exfat sd card.
    thank you for that information.

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not exactly. Newer versions of ReiNX does support exFAT but they no longer provide that fs.kip because it is copyrighted material.

18. gt10

gt10 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Fiji
    i installed exfat version of 4.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX v1.0.1 and now reinx starts without the fs.kip
    so it seems it was because of no exfat support of the firmware.

19. gt10

gt10 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Fiji
    update:

newer versions of ReiNX 1.6 and Darth Meteos 5.0 go to Black Screen.

even when i use the fs.kip file

could it be because i have a newer model of the switch?

XAJ70041XXXXXX

20. Dstr8ction

Dstr8ction Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Same here.
    Switch on 4.1.0 with manually installed exFAT support.

I just followed the instructions on https://reinx.guide/ for the first time using Rekado on my phone, but it goes to black screen right after displaying the ReiNX splash.