OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok theres a new update for black ops..
I have a hacked wii
and I was wondering do I need to do something to update or I just can update it regularly?

brihan00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has rendered this game unplayable. Stuttering framerates, no voting for previous maps, cannot get shots off if your life depended on it. Stopped playing until they fix the problem. Froze many times tonight since migrating is now at an all time high with this new patch. It has made the game worse. Treyarch should be shot. Was fine this afternoon and what a difference a few hours and a new patch makes.

leoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brihan00 said:
it has rendered this game unplayable. Stuttering framerates, no voting for previous maps, cannot get shots off if your life depended on it. Stopped playing until they fix the problem. Froze many times tonight since migrating is now at an all time high with this new patch. It has made the game worse. Treyarch should be shot. Was fine this afternoon and what a difference a few hours and a new patch makes.

Working mighty fine for me, yes sir.
Also I'm glad Nuketown can't be picked 3 times in a row.

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Zombies, now can crawl if they get hit by a grenade and don´t die. Also, the leaderboard is a little different.

Where can we check the differences?

brihan00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leoz said:
brihan00 said:

Then you guys are in the minority, check out the official cod boards.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
brihan00 said:
leoz said:
brihan00 said:

Then you guys are in the minority, check out the official cod boards.
Where 99% of the people are either trolling or complaining about the AK-74U, FAMAS, nerfed sniping, and/or Second Chance? No thanks. The game's working fine...

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks to be an update that actually seeks to prevent USB loader usage by making it painfully lagged and skip frames. Play it off of disc and everything works fine. Play it off USB and it's just no fun because you are crippled by the lag and can't compete. I want to play it off USB because it has to do so much reading off the disc it will eventually kill your disc drive due to the laser moving about so much. It sounds awful to hear those plastic gears chattering. Nintendo is apparently replacing drives if you play COD:BO a lot and your disc drive fails. Read the official COD:BO Wii forums if you don't believe me. I love the fixes they put in this patch (including stopping spamming of the same map more than twice which is intentional) but hate to see they are targeting USB users.

Here's the official list of changes in this update:

01/25/11

• Explosives are not visible through walls when using Hacker perk.
• Ninja perk is ineffective at times.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users - increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds
on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning
protection on top of previous updates.
• Previous Map Spamming – players are currently able to vote for the previously played map an unlimited number of times
• Incorrect Prestige Emblems appearing at certain levels
• Sending out text messages to massive groups can cause the game to freeze
• Demolition – getting a loss registered despite earning a win
• Some players experiencing crashes when viewing leaderboards with a high number of Allies
• Stuck in spawn spot in Cracked
• Voice Chat breaks up at times
• More reported cases of "unbound" controls
• Second Chance "invincible glitch"
• Several fixes that should improve performance/lag for host and client
• Shorter spawn-in (black screen) times in MP matches
• Zombie Legs - create-a-crawler

And of course not listed:
• FUBAR USB online playability

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Well, USB loaders aren't really supported by Nintendo for the general consumer...
rolleyes.gif

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No probs with usb here. Also, no glitches. Have noticed less accuracy with the FAMAS though...

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
w!! said:
No probs with usb here. Also, no glitches. Have noticed less accuracy with the FAMAS though...

me too no problems with usb loading!!

My original copy is loading toooooooooooo much to play with the disc!! Don't want to kill my lens.. so I played it on usb and everything works good

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mine was laggy after the update for the first game. Disconnected and logged on again and the next game(s) were perfect without lag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones