Hacking Black ops issue with UsbLoaderGX.

Lord Majora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm a noob here, but I'm also aware that there are many topics posted about this problem.
My wii's firmware is 4.3U just to let you guys know. Every time I load up Black ops it keeps freezing at "loading.." and I've done research about this problem. Sadly, I keep coming up with quite a few solutions and I honestly don't know which one to use. I read that using the "cIOS installer Xr21" could fix the problem. So, I decided to use it and installed this precisely: I selected my ISO that my Usb loader uses (IOS 249) with base "IOS36 v3607" into slot "IOS250" by using "network" installation. After the installation was completed I went to see if Black ops worked and it still had the same problem. All of my games still work (thankfully). I was messing around in my Usb loader's game load settings and noticed something strange. When I was changing my IOS's a menu popped up informing me, "Make sure to have hermes rev 4 installed for UsbLoaderGX to run!" everytime I get to where my "IOS 224" should've been.
So, back to google I went. I search up "Hermes rev 4", but only came up with its latest version (Hermes v5.1). I read that installing Hermes v5.1 in 224 slot with base 57 would solve the Black ops issue, but the problem is that I don't have IOS 224 in UsbLoaderGX!
What am I doing wrong? Is missing IOS 224 my problem, or should I use wads rather than network installation? All would appreciated if anyone can tell me what to precisely do. If using Hermes v5.1 can solve my problem, then "please" tell this noob how to use it correctly for Black ops.
Thank you.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I doing wrong?
too much work. go to modmii, an grab dx2v8 or v9, an install 249-57.. then make usbloader gx use that as a loading base. go to setting menu an change it there.(not in the game settings, but loader settings).. an if this still doesn't work for some strange reason. then try a redump. then if still a no go grab an ALT DOL. or a game with the alt dol. watch the stupid video an reset the dol after words an the game should/will work.
change the to the alt dol in the game settings.

Lord Majora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, "modmii" should fix it and you're telling I should install "cIOS 249 with base 57"? Does it require wad installation? I'm still baffled on trying to decide if I should use dx2v8, or v9.

Lord Majora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other solutions? I don't want to download another program (modmii). I'd really appreciate if you can just tell me what I literally did wrong and I what I should do.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modmii is your best bet. and its a pc program (p.s. don't double post)
download d2x v8 (its more stable) and make sure you get slot 250 and base 57 and set your usb loader to use ios 57.

Lord Majora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few dumb questions, yet simple too. How do I change my IOS base in my UsbLoaderGX? When I download this "modmii" do I get these required things (d2x v8 and ISO 250 with base 57) from this program to fix my Black ops and what do I use to install them?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you use multi mod manager(from download page 2i thiunk(the utilites page)
and no d2x is a cios (not ISO) you need to the the one that is slot 250 base 57 (it should be labeled 25057) its in page 4

Lord Majora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm gonna' go with the modmii, but I have more questions. How do I install this cIOS and other things? What folder in my sd card should I put this required stuff in? If you could find a video tutorial that would be awesome too.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok.
In download page 2 in modmii (after you installed it and ran it and agreed to the things and typed 2 in the main menu) type MMM then press enter then type 4 then type 25057 then type d then y and wait for a minute for the credits to go then wait until its finished then go to the COPY_TO_SD folder and copy everything and replace the files in your sd.
Then go to the homebrew channel run Multi Mod Manager go to wad manager and use your sd then go to the d2x .wad file and install it. then using usbgx(not sure how to use it) choose ios 250 as your ios and enjoy your game.
no vid tutorials.

Lord Majora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, so far of what you've informed seems to be straight to the point and very informative. Please don't get mad, but I have one more question. What do you mean by "replace the files in your sd card"? Are you meaning specific files, or all my files? Because I don't like that. Also, I happened to stumble upon the d2x v8 cIOS250[57] wad. Does that mean I don't have to use modmii to get the wad, or do I still have to?

Bryan Johnson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm sort of in the same situation as the original poster here, I'm trying to get black ops to run through my usb loader gx from homebrew. I recently softmodded my wii, it runs on 4.3u and I softmodded it with the modmii application, I updated the wad files, installed bootmii as boot2, installed priiload, backed up nand, everything modmii told me to do. My IOS is 236 v65535, as stated from the multi-mod manager from modmii. So right now as I'm typing I'm all in the clear to install the IOS you guys were mentioning above me, is it alright to do so?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1