Black apps on home menu

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DesperadoV3, Jan 8, 2016.

1. DesperadoV3
    OP

DesperadoV3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    i'm using rxtools on a N3ds (9.5 emunand) and i've installed some CIAs using FBI, but i ended up getting some applications with a black icon, and when i try running them i get stuck on the Nintendo 3DS screen.
    I've tried going to data management in system settings and using fbi but couldn't find a way to delete them, plus i didn't want to delete things carelessly
    So is there a way to remove these?

2. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    use BBM to remove titles that you don't know. high chance that you also installed stuff on the NAND.

3. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think you should be going into datamangement anyway as i've heard it can delete installed cia's and dlc's and the like.

I honestly don't remember what I personally did tyo get rid of the black apps, but I think I remember deleting them while on the home screen repeatedly, restarting the system to see if they were still there, and deleting again, repeating until clear.

You can also use something like BBM or another CIA installer to find and delete black apps.

4. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Instead of installing the cia files to your SD card, you installed them directly to your NAND. They show up as black icons and crash the 3DS if you open them. You wont be able to remove them from data management because they wont show up there. If you really want them deleted, you can use FBI to delete them from the NAND. It's kind of risky though because if you delete the wrong cia, you can cause a brick.