Hacking Bizarre Official update gone wrong.

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 5,179
  • Replies 76
D

Deleted-394630

OP
Seems like it's a failed update to 11.0 firmware, if his nativefirm is 2.50-2 he could do the downgrade? or does he still need the dsiware exploit?
Yes, run 3dsident and tell us the version of the kernel and nativefirm
Kernel Version:2.51-0
Firm: 2.51-0
Am I out of luck?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have everything to do the dsiwarehax downgrade, i'd say update and go for it. with that nativefirm version, you cant currently use any homebrew to fix the frankenfirm, and a official update is kinda the only choice.

so from what i see, your only options are update and hardmod, update and dsiware, or sit there and wait for some way to downgrade 11.x, since thats what you have half of.

also, im a little drunk. so maybe wait for another approval.

Arcanuskun

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
No one's gonna reply? Your friend might have updated it but cancelled half way through. Ask him/her (or apache) if that happened. If that's the case then fully update it then dsiware downgrade it or hard mod downgrade.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry it was 4 am in France ... If I remember right he can not update using the settings, so he has to find a game with update 11.2 but it doesn't exist atm.

It seems really strange all part of many different fw ...

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
IIRC 2.51-0 is 11.0 native_firm, which means that the only way to do something useful with it is dsiware downgrade or hardmod downgrade to get native_firm down to 10.4 and be able to go on from there. If you use a cartridge, you'll delete your half working browser and be stuck in 11.0 anyway.

can you lend another 3ds to do the dsiware transfer?

Reactions: gnmmarechal
D

Deleted-394630

OP
IIRC 2.51-0 is 11.0 native_firm, which means that the only way to do something useful with it is dsiware downgrade or hardmod downgrade to get native_firm down to 10.4 and be able to go on from there. If you use a cartridge, you'll delete your half working browser and be stuck in 11.0 anyway.

can you lend another 3ds to do the dsiware transfer?
Darn, all I have is a N3ds, and my only friend with a 3ds is strongly against hacking. (He almost went insane when I booted browserhax on his 3ds.) So I'm SOL?

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, all I have is a N3ds, and my only friend with a 3ds is strongly against hacking. (He almost went insane when I booted browserhax on his 3ds.) So I'm SOL?
I have an old 3DS on A9LH 11.2 with no linked NNID I'd be willing to let you borrow to perform the DSiWare downgrade as long as you pay shipping both ways. If the console really isn't yours, use the DSiWare downgrade method to get back to a stock 9.2, then update it normally to 11.2 and hand it back. At least they'd have a usable 3DS.

It's my backup console, and I'd be OK without it for a week or two. (Although, it's been through a lot and I'd hate to lose it. I just repaired the top screen!) PM me if your interested.

Last edited by dudemo,
D

Deleted-394630

OP
I have an old 3DS on A9LH 11.2 with no linked NNID I'd be willing to let you borrow to perform the DSiWare downgrade as long as you pay shipping both ways. If the console really isn't yours, use the DSiWare downgrade method to get back to a stock 9.2, then update it normally to 11.2 and hand it back. At least they'd have a usable 3DS.

It's my backup console, and I'd be OK without it for a week or two. (Although, it's been through a lot and I'd hate to lose it. I just repaired the top screen!) PM me if your interested.
I don't think I'll accept. But I'll think about it. Thanks for your offer!

Reactions: dudemo
D

Deleted-394630

OP
So I took the plunge and upgraded to 11.2.0. (I know I probably doomed myself, but at least the firmware isn't all screwed up.:glare:) I grabbed myself a copy of Feildrunners, and I'll hold out to see if a method to install DSiWareHAX is released without the need of another 3DS. That or a way to downgrade with only the HBL. Thanks for all the help!

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I took the plunge and upgraded to 11.2.0. (I know I probably doomed myself, but at least the firmware isn't all screwed up.:glare:) I grabbed myself a copy of Feildrunners, and I'll hold out to see if a method to install DSiWareHAX is released without the need of another 3DS. That or a way to downgrade with only the HBL. Thanks for all the help!

That method is patched in 11.2, at least de k11 exploit to do it (slowhax), the installer itself is not deemed as patched in 11.2, but you're SOL waiting for another exploit on 11.2, whenever that may be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary