Gaming Bit of a noob here

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just bought a used psp today and sucessfully got the CFW on there using ChickHen. Now I downloaded the UMDemulator 8.0c and have all the right files in the right directories under the games I have the UMDemulator and UMDemulator% and in the root of the mem card I have the other UMDemulator folder with core.bin and menu.bmp. I also have a folder in the root called ISO and have the new vice city china town wars int there. I go to start the game under my memeory stick and see the banner. I press start and it gives me this error.
The Game could Not be started (80020148). WHat does this mean? ANd also under the game tab there are two corrupted files. But when I try to load those they will not run can anyone help a psp noob out.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you don´t need any "emulator" try another umd mode.
press select and you should see the vshmenu there is one option named UMD MODE and choose NP9660 or the M33 one

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
yes press select and put umd mode to m33 then you have to get this file game-decrypter-by-yoshihiro-v4 then get umdgenv4 build you iso or cso.

the guide is underneath this to get china wars working ok.

hi guyz this tool is here for let you use your original game backup
on CFW 5.50 gen B-2 and 5.03GEn.

What's new ?

Fix: Probem with YS seven game. He work perfect on PSP3000
Added:compatibility with the futur Game 6.xx

how i can use this tool ?
1 :lets go first you need to install the GameZDecryptZ folder in your X:PSP/GAME folder
2 : Open you iso with UMDGEN 4
3 : Go to File>File List>Export
4 : Save it as Filelist.txt
5 : Extract the EBOOT.BIN with UMDGEN4 in PSP_GAME/SYSDIR
6 : put your EBOOT.BIN extracted from UMDGEN PSP_GAME/SYSDIR and put it on root of your memory stick
7 : now you can boot game decrypter now you can press X 5 seconds later it's done
smile.gif

8 : connect your usb cable check on root of your memory stick you have a new folder called decryptor
9 : copy the eboot.bin from the decryptor folder inside umdgen
10 : Go to File>File List>Import
11 : Choose Filelist.txt
12 : Select YES to forcing LBAs, then Save
13 : REbuild your ISO.

Cmurda187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 9 is confusing me a little bit. Am i suppose to take the eboot from my mem stick I created with the decrypter program and use that one to replace the eboot that is in the UMDGen program?

Edit: replaced the eboot in the UMDGen with the decryted one that I made. saved as uncompressed iso. loaded the new iso onto my mem stick. Then I went to the game icon opened up the card selected Chinatown wars but when it was booting the game I just got a black screen. What am I missing here?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cmurda187 said:
Step 9 is confusing me a little bit. Am i suppose to take the eboot from my mem stick I created with the decrypter program and use that one to replace the eboot that is in the UMDGen program?
Yes. I haven't play haven't try the descrypter though.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Cmurda187 said:
Finally got it working. Had to updat the CFW to gen b now the game works great
biggrin.gif
. Thasnks for all the help everyone.

If you used circle to decrypt and patch then you probably wouldn't have needed to update to GEN-B. Also, you should update to GEN-B2 as GEN-B has problems with some homebrew like the SNES emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night