Gaming Bioshockz

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How is it an RPG? From the demo I played it's a linear FPS like any other.

But it is simply amazing still
biggrin.gif

A common misconception is that Bioshock will have RPG elements much like System Shock 2, its spiritual predecessor . It won't. Bioshock is a watered down System Shock 2 for a mass-market (why else would it appear on a game console?).

Commercial arrangements with Microsoft?

With Sony too, the PS3 version will come out some time in the future.

And cenotaph, I don't like your attitude against consoles. Is there some kind of "elite" PC games now? in my time, PC games were as popular and mass-marketed as other console games.

"Fun" is the key word.

well said Voltz

this game is getting 100% reviews left right and center.

not long now
wub.gif

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How is it an RPG? From the demo I played it's a linear FPS like any other.

But it is simply amazing still
biggrin.gif

A common misconception is that Bioshock will have RPG elements much like System Shock 2, its spiritual predecessor . It won't. Bioshock is a watered down System Shock 2 for a mass-market (why else would it appear on a game console?).

well I guess that's one way or looking at it.

I think i'll enjoy this game much more than I did SS2 and I loved that game.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah played the demo a couple times and it looks awesome. I havent been that into shooters since Goldeneye on N64, but maybe Bioshock can change that.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
sounds good but i'm trying not to listen to all the hype, might just be a huge letdown if i believe what all the reviews are telling me to believe! looks really good though, and the demo was fun... usually i avoid scary/creepy games but i'm gonna play this one!

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wasn't really expecting a lot from BioShock. I knew it would be good, but I was more interested in other games, like The Darkness.

Then my copy arrived in the post, and its absolutely fantastic! The visuals are beautiful (I was slack-jawed for the first 15 minutes), gameplay is solid and the presentation is pitch-perfect. It deserves all the hype.

Time to kill me a metal daddy!
evil.gif

cheapassdave

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ign just reviewed bioshock and gave it a 9.7 for both pc and 360!!! they rarely never give out a score like that. i bet its going to be the game of the decade next to half life 2. im excited
biggrin.gif

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
* Game Informer (100/100): "Even if you play games strictly for the difficulty that they bring, BioShock is a title that needs to be played, simply because you will never look at an FPS the same way again. Of the 15 to 20 hours of gameplay that it delivers, there isn't a second wasted. Once you finish the game, there's little chance that you'll take it out before playing it again to see the second ending."
* IGN (97/100): "To call this game simply a first-person shooter, a game that successfully fuses gameplay and narrative, is really doing it a disservice. This game is a beacon. It's one of those monumental experiences you'll never forget, and the benchmark against which games for years to come will, and indeed must, be measured."
* 1UP (100/100): "The sounds of the vending machines, the demented rants of a housewife who has long lost her sanity, the ability to craft your own ammunition, the level design based on some beloved touchstones of horror (medical experimentation, a garden of evil, the performing arts), the optional photography research, the color palette, the scratchy rendition of "Beyond the Sea," the fire and lighting and water effects...everything is in its right place."

It sounds really amazing. I hope my computer can run it nicely because I haven't got a 360 yet.
frown.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't it already leaked by Toys R'Us and got dumped? I saw multiple dumps float around the web. Although FPS sucks on pad and I'm only going to play it with mouse and keyboard.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
*Â Game Informer (100/100): "Even if you play games strictly for the difficulty that they bring, BioShock is a title that needs to be played, simply because you will never look at an FPS the same way again. Of the 15 to 20 hours of gameplay that it delivers, there isn't a second wasted. Once you finish the game, there's little chance that you'll take it out before playing it again to see the second ending."
  * IGN (97/100): "To call this game simply a first-person shooter, a game that successfully fuses gameplay and narrative, is really doing it a disservice. This game is a beacon. It's one of those monumental experiences you'll never forget, and the benchmark against which games for years to come will, and indeed must, be measured."
  * 1UP (100/100): "The sounds of the vending machines, the demented rants of a housewife who has long lost her sanity, the ability to craft your own ammunition, the level design based on some beloved touchstones of horror (medical experimentation, a garden of evil, the performing arts), the optional photography research, the color palette, the scratchy rendition of "Beyond the Sea," the fire and lighting and water effects...everything is in its right place."

It sounds really amazing. I hope my computer can run it nicely because I haven't got a 360 yet.
frown.gif

Holy canolli.
I want a 360.... not.

But still, the game sounds fantastic, now I'm looking forward to play this game on a friend's console.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, i have to say, ive got this game now on 360, been playing it for about 2 hours, and in all honesty, its the best game ive ever played. And ive been playing games for over 20 years. This game is THAT good!! Previous to this, i think my all time fave was Resi 4, but this just blows it out the water. its got an average of 98% on gamerankings (which if it keeps that, makes it the best game of all time) and i tell you what, i wouldnt bet on that falling by much

tomdarth5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cry.gif

Well I downloaded this demo last week but my 360 has given me the 3 red rings of doom (was bought last january)

Bloody hell and I was so looking forward to this game.

How reliable is a console when you get it back from MS being repaired?

Was thinking of selling everything and getting a Wii.Just for the reliability factor mainly. Don't want my 360 to bugger up again.

The Bioshock demo has atmosphere in spades by the way very cool.

grog.gif

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
at the heart of it, its just a FPS. But this one just has a wicked story, and a meaning. Its not just about killing everything. I just cant get over the demo that plays if you leave the game at the title screen for long enough, its jaw dropping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: @K3Nv2 don't seem much different from last year'