Gaming Bioshock 2's turn with windows live = :[

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, all this windows live for gaming integration into my Steam copy of Bioshock 2 is getting on my nerves.. on top of it they removed xbox360 controller support.
"Hey, lets take out a useful feature for some "HUD optimization" and then force players to fiddle with our POS software to play the game."

Urggh.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought one of the criteria needed for a game to be a Game for Windows was that it needed at least some 360 controller support? Although I'm gonna have to tell you, controller on a FPS? good luck.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
I thought one of the criteria needed for a game to be a Game for Windows was that it needed at least some 360 controller support? Although I'm gonna have to tell you, controller on a FPS? good luck.
Company of Heroes is also a "Games for Windows", but it doesn't have controller support either, so I do not think it's a criteria. Though, Company of Heroes IS an RTS game so it'd be troublesome to even use a controller anyways.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
myuusmeow said:

Unless you're playing in a tourney, no one on the internet in a pub match will kill an FPS veteren, controller or not.
The quality of players playing FPS these days is sad.

Anyways, not sure what this rant is about.
Steam is great, and there isn't anything wrong with Games for Windows.

The removal of controller compatibility had nothing to do with either, though is slightly annoying.

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:

I do prefer the mouse for aim, but on Bioshock.. the aim is a little more casual. Bioshock 1 had support, I was looking forward for 2 having it. Windows live is a pain in the dick, I can't just throw the game up and play, I have to update it or authenticate it almost every time. Stupid 2010.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
myuusmeow said:
Company of Heroes is also a "Games for Windows", but it doesn't have controller support either, so I do not think it's a criteria. Though, Company of Heroes IS an RTS game so it'd be troublesome to even use a controller anyways.
Little late, but Games for Windows and Games for Windows Live are two different things.
GFWL is pretty much the PC equivalent to Xbox Live.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I heard many people having issues with GFWL and not being able to save or getting started...
All you need to do is create an OFFLINE account when the game starts by pressing the " Home " button.
I actually skipped this step altogether because I already had an offline account on my sys ( created a long time ago for 007 QS ) and when a new GFWL compatible game installs, automatically picks up my existing profile.
So it was very easy for me to get started.
I read a lot of complains about the lack of xbox360 controller, truth is if a game is GFWL compatible, and has support for ANY controller it is required to support the xbox360 controller. If there is no controller support in the first place, such requirement doesn't apply, and that's from an official terms of services I read somewhere but don't have a link at hand.
Granted FPS games are designed and better played with keyboard/mouse anyway, but the legit complain about users here is that the first Bioshok had controller support, and so does the xbox360 version.
So if the controller coding was already there ( the game has been ported and furthermore runs on the same engine as its predecessor ) it feel like something has not only not being implemented, but it's actually being taken away for no reason other then laziness.
That's why a lot of people got pissed off.
So yeah, even though I prefer K/M over a controller setup for this kind of game, I agree that a controller option should have been there.

By the way, no matter what they say I'm loving this game so far and I' m really curious to see how the story evolves.
Maybe the only thing I don't like so much here is the annoying broadcasting of dr. Lamb, her voice is getting on my nerves !
ANd the game itself is running silky smooth on my rig, no technical problems and no crashes so far......
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up