Newcomer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I start my computer, it shows the splash screen, (ECS RC410L 800-M v2), beeps and then nothing. If I press Del to try and get into BIOS, it shows some text that normally shows before the BIOS (Memory, hard drives), and freezes right when it gets to the line with my hard drive.
I've tried unplugging the hard drive and it works fine.

Is my hard drive dead or something, and is there any solution?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many beeps and what version of bios do you have, if you dont know then what is tha maker of your motherboard

Diablo1123

Newcomer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One beep. Its AMIBIOS, and I did say my motherboard model, ECS RC410L 800-M V2

edit:

Well i think i fixed it, somebody tell me if my method was crazy. I plugged in my other hard drive, started the computer, got the Ubuntu Live CD screen, SWITCHED THE SATA PLUGS OF THE HARD DRIVES WHILE THE COMPUTER WAS ON, installed Ubuntu.

Gonna see if i can get windows 7 to work now.

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Either the hard drive is going bad, or your power supply is flaking out.

Can you slap the drive in another comp to test it in a separate system?

You can go to the drive manufacturer and get a drive fitness test (DFT) to test the drive, though if it locks up before the DFT can even run... you can try both drives connected.. might let you get by if it has 1 functioning...

If the HD is ok, you can try disabling unused MB components, take out a second CD Rom, or other non essential components to see if it will boot properly and if so, it's the PS and that will hold you over till you get a better PS if it's an always lock up or locks up 50% of the time. A random lockup though... harder to pinpoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1