Big Remake Thread

SAIYAN48

Kaiser Supremissimus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are some games that you desperately want remade? For me, I want a new version of the Zelda Oracles, Minish Cap, Chrono Trigger (Will this ever be in HD?) and maybe SMW.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not a whole lot, honestly. Most great games don't need remakes, and when they do get them they're usually utter garbage vs the original unless they're just "remasters" with updated controls and pretend "HD" graphics. At best I might like to see some modernization with some older titles, maybe a PC port of some older games with slight improvements like more stable FPS or proper pretend "HD" textures and stuff, but that's it.

Like the Chrono Trigger suggestions, what could a remake do to improve what is already one of the best RPGs of all time? I'm honestly curious as to what more you could want from the game that wouldn't just completely ruin what made it so perfect. I could understand some kind of pretend "HD" remaster to bring it to PC and modern consoles, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing about it that wouldn't otherwise make the game worse.

Reactions: Deleted User

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Not a whole lot, honestly. Most great games don't need remakes, and when they do get them they're usually utter garbage vs the original unless they're just "remasters" with updated controls and pretend "HD" graphics. At best I might like to see some modernization with some older titles, maybe a PC port of some older games with slight improvements like more stable FPS or proper pretend "HD" textures and stuff, but that's it.

Like the Chrono Trigger suggestions, what could a remake do to improve what is already one of the best RPGs of all time? I'm honestly curious as to what more you could want from the game that wouldn't just completely ruin what made it so perfect. I could understand some kind of pretend "HD" remaster to bring it to PC and modern consoles, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing about it that wouldn't otherwise make the game worse.
Metroid Zero Mission is a great remake. Better than the original.
Lots of Nes games can be improved with a remake because a lot are outdated and sucks in the current 2018 year.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of remakes, to make the game better than they was? In the end, you end up disappointed with the decisions they made to alter it cause is not what you expected and end up hating it, best to just remember it when it was good.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Put me down for:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: New Vegas

Thing about remakes/remasters is that, while yes it's basically re-releasing an old game, they allow some really great games to reach wider audiences and newer generations of gamers. That's why I can't be fully against remakes/remasters. Obviously, if a game is remastered just a few years later, that may be a bit more sour in my eyes, but older games, or games that were in some way gimped at launch and could be even greater (especially with a wider audience) seem like prime candidates for remakes/remasters.

It'd be great if Bethesda remastered some of their older classics, including New Vegas. Fallout surged in popularity with Fallout 4, and new players have likely been hit with a torrent of comments saying to play New Vegas, or Fallout 2. FO2 isn't the most approachable game, but I mainly want to talk about New Vegas. NV suffers from the older Gamebryo engine. While even Fallout 4 runs on essentially the same engine, at least the Creation Engine is improved and nowhere near as clunky as the older versions. New Vegas could do with a fresh coat of paint and a stable engine. New Fallout players turned off by the older Gamebryo engine's clunkyness could enjoy New Vegas, and even long-time fans might enjoy another run with current-gen improvements.

There are things to be wary of. Remakes shouldn't alter the core gameplay too much. Also, there's the issue of price. Do they deserve to be full-priced? That's a much longer debate.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Molemania for 3DS. C'mon, nintendo...it makes far more sense than roughly any other thing you've brought back to life at this point.

It's pretty hard to come up with other stuff that isn't getting there at some point. I'd like a blood omen: legacy of kain remake, but that's already being worked on. Original rollercoaster tycoon also has one (parkitect). Unreal tournament is also getting remade (or remastered).

Qix, maybe? :P

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Battlefield 2.

Not just stick the maps into one of the new ones. I want a proper remake that sticks to what made it great pc game, and not infested with all the crap the modern battlefield games have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr