Hardware BIG PROBLEM WITH MY PSVITA!!!!!

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a psvita and i wanted to turn it on but it doesnt turn on and i thought vitas battrey is empty
Then i tried to charge it but the charging light wont turn on!!!!
PLEASE HELP I PAYED FOR THIS PS VITA AROUND 850 $!!!!!
And we dont have any sony center in iran...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you charging via a standard charger or via a PC? Have you tried turning the system on in Safe Mode (Hold down the Power button for aprox. 30 seconds, that should make the service menu pop up)? Are you 100% sure that you did not plug the USB cable the other way around (certain revisions of the PSVita have a two-way socket, so you may accidentally connect it the wrong way - the PlayStation logo on the USB cable should be on the top, on the side of the face of the device)? Have you verified that the charger is working at all and whether or not it's genuine?

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you charging via a standard charger or via a PC? Have you tried turning the system on in Safe Mode (Hold down the Power button for aprox. 30 seconds, that should make the service menu pop up)? Are you 100% sure that you did not plug the USB cable the other way around (certain revisions of the PSVita have a two-way socket, so you may accidentally connect it the wrong way - the PlayStation logo on the USB cable should be on the top, on the side of the face of the device)? Have you verified that the charger is working at all and whether or not it's genuine?
Im not sure about charger but i tought i can turn it on first time...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Connect it to the charger, the PlayStation sign on the USB plug facing upwards. The PlayStation button should light up orange. No brand new PSVita's come pre-charged, the system needs to fully charge first.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the psvita MUST has battery power of some kind to power on(the battery must to be at the right charge level)

when the vita's battery is too low, the system will NOT power on

when you plug ir it the light should be blinking orange,
plug the system in, and let it sit for 2h-3h to charge

where did you get the system

also you might have a bad cable or bad ac adapter

it might need a new battery

plug the USB cable into the PC and vita and see if the system can change

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i let it charge for 2 hours ......i bought it from a secret person that buys psvita from dubai.only a few of people know him

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm pretty sure you can turn on the system while it charges (the PlayStation symbol glowing orange), just to assert whether the system is broken or not. Hold down the power button for a while - if the PlayStation logo pops up and the First Run application starts, it means that the system simply had a flat battery. :P

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you can turn on the system while it charges (the PlayStation symbol glowing orange), just to assert whether the system is broken or not. Hold down the power button for a while - if the PlayStation logo pops up and the First Run application starts, it means that the system simply had a flat battery. :P
My problem is that i cant charge it itested the charger but im not sure about usb cable....how can i test that?

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well the only other thing I can tell you is talk to your "Secret person" if its not charging from wall charger or USB and you said you tried the wall charger for 2 hours with no change I'm guessing your vita is faulty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1