Big problem with my Acekard2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Taik, Dec 14, 2009.

Dec 14, 2009

Big problem with my Acekard2i by Taik at 7:30 PM (1,028 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Taik
    OP

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Hi everyone,

My Acekard2i has been working perfectly from March but today it doesn't work anymore 0.o

It happened for no apparent reason, it started by crashing randomly then it wasn't recognized anymore and now, it isn't working (gives an error if it's recognized or crashes when launching a game)

I have AKAIO 1.5 but I didn't update the boot or whatever for it to work on 1.4 (I'm on 1.3 but I can update it anyway with my Phat if I update to 1.4 by error or something)

I tried the paper thing : doesn't work
    I tried to format : doesn't work either

However,retail games work on my DSi...WTF

2. koolguyluis

Newcomer koolguyluis Member

United States
    Sounds broken, aww that sucks. Where did you buy it from? DealExtreme?

I bought two from them, no problems at all. People say that they have issues with the microSD not touching, but I think its a bunch of Bull, both of the ones ive ordered worked fine, never any touching issues.

The only thing im not happy about DealExtreme is that the acekard doesnt have the little plastics in between the Pins, so it makes it look like bad quality, but other than that its fine.

Also my first acekard, the sticker was diagonal, as if it was put together really fast and they didnt bother to stick it on right. =[

But software and hardware wise they were ownage!

Looks like Ive been talking about myself too much, anyway did you try opening it up and comparing it to pictures? maybe something got loose? was it ever left out in the sun, or in moist areas. Maybe you left it in your car once? or perhaps its just dead?

Really hope you solve your problem, I simply cannot live without taking my DS anywhere, I even got a custom battery with like 20 hours of battery life at max light and sound! =]

3. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Have you tried the paper trick?

(Use the search button, no one really wants to explain anymore)

4. koolguyluis

Newcomer koolguyluis Member

United States
    Basically put paper in between the microsd and the Ds so the pins touch. Do this with the acekard too.

5. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Acekard 2i March 2009-Dec 2009

Requiescat in Pacem.

6. Taik
    OP

Member Taik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Guess I'll just buy another one then =(

Anyway Acekards are just awesome (and cheap ^^)

Anyone knows a good place to buy one ? (Fast shipping is one of the things I need so no DX)

7. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia