Hacking Big blue menu 128 GB help

D

Deleted User

First of all, you CAN'T have a file bigger than 4096 MB on a FAT32 partition.
He can put multiple 4096MB files to fill up the space, then.
Second, a 64 GB card can be had for $30 or less
Okay.
Third, a 64 GB card will have less lag than a 128 GB
Yeah, I'll give you that.
Fourth, if he doesn't play that many games, he's better off with an even smaller card like 32 GB
To be honest, it depends on what games he's putting onto there, how many games he's putting onto there, and what size the games are. I mean, I'm using a 16GB card, and I barely have all the games that I want on there and the card is already all full up from stuff like Senran Kagura and Xenoblade Chronicles (BIG roms), so I would really go for either 64/128GB. (in this case 64GB)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of this matters, he obviously got the card working right away otherwise he wouldn't have got as far as trying to install the cia.

His problem is either the cia file itself or something else entirely.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
None of this matters, he obviously got the card working right away otherwise he wouldn't have got as far as trying to install the cia.

His problem is either the cia file itself or something else entirely.
At first I didn't believe the talk about empty space because I had just copied over my 64 GB to my new 128 GB and DevMenu and BBM were working.
Then, I got a N3DS and I wanted to use the 128 GB on that so I formatted it and started over with the N3DS.
Well, BBM and DevMenu stopped working until I copied over 6 x 4096 MB of dummy files. Empty space was at 89.9 GB or so.

It's true and instead of yapping about it, buy one yourself and try it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At first I didn't believe the talk about empty space because I had just copied over my 64 GB to my new 128 GB and DevMenu and BBM were working.
Then, I got a N3DS and I wanted to use the 128 GB on that so I formatted it and started over with the N3DS.
Well, BBM and DevMenu stopped working until I copied over 6 x 4096 MB of dummy files. Empty space was at 89.9 GB or so.

It's true and instead of yapping about it, buy one yourself and try it.
OK, since it went over your head I'll try to explain it more slowly... look at the first, second and then third posts in this thread. He started it because he couldn't get BBM to work. I replied to give him the solution (which btw I discovered myself after I bought a 128GB card), then he got as far as trying to install the cia and it said it was invalid.

All the subsequent talk was irrelevant. If the card was still the problem then BBM wouldn't have let him get as far as trying to install the cia.

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, since it went over your head I'll try to explain it more slowly... look at the first, second and then third posts in this thread. He started it because he couldn't get BBM to work. I replied to give him the solution (which btw I discovered myself after I bought a 128GB card), then he got as far as trying to install the cia and it said it was invalid.

All the subsequent talk was irrelevant. If the card was still the problem then BBM wouldn't have let him get as far as trying to install the cia.
The CIA files do work I'm using the cias on my 32 gig

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't mean there wasn't an error copying them to the 128GB. Anyway, did you try FBI as suggested? If you are get the invalid error across the board then obviously the problem is not BBM's limit with the free space.

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't mean there wasn't an error copying them to the 128GB. Anyway, did you try FBI as suggested? If you are get the invalid error across the board then obviously the problem is not BBM's limit with the free space.
FBI did work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Certain CIA I have can only be installed with devmenu tho like hyrule warriors

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used BBM to install Hyrule Warriors on a 128GB. There's something weird going on here and I'm not sure what it is anymore.
I even tried redownloading it and it worked on 32 gig but not 128 (80 gig resized) and I found that really weird and when I transfered the emunand over mhx and fire emblem if appeared but all other CIA didn't that wasn't a homebrew app

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly, I've seen a few of these threads pop up recently as 128GB cards get more affordable. I ended up using FBI and BigRedMenu until I randomly tried BBM again one day and it worked fine so I figured it was some sort of free space check that was crashing.

Anyway, it's good to have a few different cia managers installed for this kind of thing. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with what works with which cia.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly, so I have BBM, DevMenu and FBI on my sysnand and emunand (installed on SD).
I use BBM for everything that doesn't require overwriting, and if I do need to overwrite system files, say, I'll use DevMenu for that.

I'll use FBI for stuff like looking at individual system files to see their version and size, etc

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Correct, but I'm talking about an earlier devmenu version 0.15.8(r37904), which allows overwriting system titles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1