United States
Hi,

time to read?

I have a huge problem with my acekard 2.1
my setup:
ds lite
official firmware (also tried akaio)
2 gb sd card

When i got my acecard 2.1 2 days ago, i set it up just like the wiki and tutorial says.
the first strange thing was that i couldnt change the skin in the acekard menu. every time i changed it, the system reboots and the screen got messed up. so i tried reformating the sd with sdformat. then i put everything back to the card and most of the games played fine. (still couldnt change the skin and used globelsettings.ini for it)
BUT New Super mario brothers, yoshi touch and go gave me this error: save files are corrupted, need to erase/reformat save data. this happens everytime i try to load these games.
also the acekard doesnt save any settings i toggle on or off. need to do it again and again.

so i switched to akaio firmware to solve the problems, but still the games didnt load and after some time even the loadingbar got stuck and no game worked. so i switch back to the pc again, and saw alot of corrupt folders and files on my sdcard with strange symbols that i couldnt delete from the card. so again format.

other things i tried:
new ak2loader
old firmware versions
other rom files
setting save typ manuel
cleaning the contacts of the acecard

i also tried a sandisk 2 gb but then the acekard doesnt even load. all i get is a white screen.

so now im here, with no clue what to do or if my acekard or sdcard is broken.
plz help

btw:sry for my english

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Format with the Panasonic formatter, use AKAIO with the latest loaders, which you would have done if you actually read the Wiki.. Everything will then work.

raep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my guess would be a virus on the sd or pc check that. Since he said he already had the latest loaders and i really dont think the loaders or not formating with the panasonic formatter would cause something like that

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
virus? seriously??

the problem is either the msd seat contact of his ak2.1 or the msd is corrupt/bad. format it using the panasonic formatter as suggested and put on the akaio 1.4.1 repack. the other thing i'm thinking is that the skin he tried is bad and caused the optionslist.bin file to corrupt.

-another world

Mamcho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your replays.
as i wrote before, i already read the tutorials and the wiki and i already tried akaio ( 1.4.1 repack) and the newest loaders with the newest official firmware and the newest akaio.
with sdformat i mean Panasonic formatter, thats the programm i formated the card with.
@Another World i tried alot skins, also some from the acekardpage. none worked only if i set them in the globelsettings.ini.

and @ShatteredScreens i did all that and still it doesnt work
wink.gif

nothing is saved and the akaio 1.4.1 repack even corrupts my files ^^

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
did you put your skins in the UI folder and set them from the GUI? if you set from globalsettings.ini you only put the name of the folder not the path. IE: uiName = MY_Theme NOT _aio/My_Theme. if nothing is working and everything is corrupting the problem is probably a bad msd card. if formatting does not help you could try scandisk tools on it to see if the card has errors.

you should have no issues switching between the skins packed with akaio 1.4.1 proper repack. have you tried a full format using the panasonic formatter and then the default skins without messing with custom skins?

the only other suggestion i have is to try another msd card on the acekard. if that one fails as well the problem is probably the acekard.

-another world

Mamcho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your replay.

Ye i put the skin name in the .globelsettings.ini not the path. example =Adv.Evo
i cant set the skin in the menu cause then the acekard reboots and the screen is messed up like no picture on the top and only blackscreen on the other side. another problem is that every settings i make in the gui wont be saved and i have to reset everything on the next start.

I already tried some different msd`s one sandisk, one medion and one emtec card (class 4) and i already formated all of them in the correct way.

Im in contact with the reseller also. they try to give me nearly the same tipps.
i hope they will replace the acekard.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
delete the optionslist.bin file. if it goes corrupt it can cause odd things to happen. the optionslist.bin is only created when you change the options for an individual rom, so the file might not be there. all acekard products have a 1yr warranty. it says so on the acekard homepage under the recent "how to spot a fake acekard" post. if your reseller won't replace it, which is complete bullshit, contact [email protected] and start the process with them.

-another world

Mamcho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thank you very mutch, i will look for the optionslist.bin. if its not there i will send the card back to the reseller or acekard team, after i talked to them of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill