Big 3 System info needed for a Wiki

Commadore64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning on making a Wiki or maybe even a site regarding systems and what they offer
*I know, some of you know me as the Ex-Wii owner - but I got my other blog I can vent into about that.

What I am looking for is a good description of of the .

If you are thinking to put "well the PS3 just rocks"...please dont. I mean give some effort here, if possible, and describe something WITH DETAIL AND FACTS.

Example:
Wii is an excellent system but an unknown bonus of the Wii is that it is hackable. Why is this an unknown bonus? Well, individuals are making applications that make the Wii do more than it's intended use. Such as emulators, DVD players, home brew games, etc. One of the coolest things I personally like is..................

So here the bottom like is "Wii is hackable and enables homebrew"

If you have technical info (not made up - "Xbox 360's CPU is the same one in the Terminators head") about the system, or controllers or how "something" came to be over time , this is very cool too.

Example:
Microsoft seen Sony was a threat to the gaming market, enought to see that it may threaten PC Gaming sales on Windows. They partnered with Sega to help with the Dreamcast and make a Windows CE environment to develop on which would put some competition out there.. On the PC front, MS developed DirectX for gaming/graphics on the Windows platforms - this was to prevent against any linux platform from using this technology without a license (although open source has great mechanism that rival this "openGl").
With the demise of Sega Dreamcast, Microsoft came up with the "DirectXbox" which the marketing name ended up being Xbox.
Being the first time out in the Video Game world, it came with rewards and disadvantages. Someof the most notable failures are "blah blah blah" and a reward that no one expected was "bloo-be-bloo-bloo-bloo". The next gen Xbox was named "Xbox 360" which is specualted as "DirectXbox Full Circle"...........................

So if it is controllers, systems, frontends/dashboards, features, hardware, networking community, etc... and you have something good with substance to say...please add it here.
Please read the articles before posting as if something is said a zillion times - you dont seed to say it
"Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a Wii exclusive which adds weight to the Wii library of games"

If you have something funny to say - add it here

thanks in advance...

*negative comments about a system are ok too and would be welcomed.
*---Xbox 360 RROD are easily fixed however unless you are a hacker that enjoys gutting a systema nd repairing every 2 weeks - A Used xbox may not be for you

come on folks....dont be shy (but dont repeat)....
What is really cool that makes you turn (it - the console) back on?

ok...maybe I need to redefine rules here

what is the most powerful thing you can say about the system you like?
(but please try to follow the above rules if possible)

CPU's

XBOX1 had a Pentium 3 at 733 Mhz
Xbox 360 has 3 core Xenon at 3.2 Ghz
PS3 has 8 core Cell PPE at 3.2 Ghz
Wii has a 729 Mhz Custom "Broadway" Cpu

Do these values really matter?
----looking for benchmarks currently
----need to start somewhere

Info
#1 these are all specialized processors so finding a common benchmark is going to be near impossible.
#2 PS3 and 360 are pretty close architectually so since PS3 can run linux, a linux benchmark might be what I need.
#3 Wii linux might have a benchmark out there
#4 Pentium 3 @ 733 should be easy to find and use that as BASELINE of the consoles - because we can relate to it
#5 Cannot find Wii benchmarks so I am using this the Wii is roughly 1.5 to 2 times as powerful as its predecessor. but there is no other backup info to confirm this...actually a benchmark would do
486/100 61156.2 = 1.0
Dell Inspiron 9400 Laptop (2.8ghz P4, x86_64 mode), 1gb ram 7055881.2 115.37 times faster (chose this as this is more typical of todays machines)
Xbox1/733 1507918.6 =24.65 times faster
Xbox360/3.2g 3015837.2 =49.31 times faster
PS2 R5900/294 454782.2 = 7.43 times faster
Wii 1507918.6 = 26.45 times fast (based on the statement that it is 1/2 the core speed of one core from here)
*Info gather from here for the 468/xbox/360/ps2
*PS3 was not in the list but this shows pretty good info that the cores of the PS3 and xbox 360 are about the same

Possibly easier to read CPU benchmarks
PS3 - 217.6 GFLOPS
PS2 - 6.2 GFLOPS
Wii - 2.9 GFLOPS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ