Beyond Good & Evil Getting HD Re-Release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Sep 30, 2010.

Sep 30, 2010
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Beyond Good & Evil, one of the best (and yet under-appreciated) games of the previous hardware generation, is to receive a well-deserved re-release in high definition, Ubisoft has revealed.

It won't just be a quick and dirty cash-in, though; level textures and character models are being improved, it'll run at 1080p and the game's score is also being improved.

Beyond Good & Evil HD will be released on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation network sometime in 2011.

If you've never played the original, which was released in 2003, think Zelda (with its dungeons and action/RPG mannerisms) with a little Metroid/Dead Rising (scanning/photography) thrown in for good measure.[/p][​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] (Old) Trailer

Yay. I love this game :3
    Shame I don't have a PS3 or Xbox though.

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I am definitely getting this on XBLA. I am still pissed off that the original is not compatible with the 360. I hope this sells well because it can only help the production of the sequel.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I'll get it either way, but hopefully they address the glitches and framerate. I can't go back to the original framerate. The textures I can live with; the framerate, though, almost killed the awesomeness of that game for me.

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I adore the original BG&E. It always made me sad, that it wasn`t so successful, because I always thought it was one of those games you`ll never forget after playing, since it was so amazing - artistically and gameplay-wise!

Nice to see it re-released. Hopefully people these days can still appreciate it [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Which version? Only played the Gamecube release and I had no problems at all with it.

6. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I hope this makes a ton of money and finally forces them to make that sequel. They've been announcing it for years and doing nothing about it. It's turning into Beyond Good and Evil Forever [​IMG]

7. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    It IS being made. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_%26_Evil_2) and I wouldn't be surprised if this came bundled with the sequel, at least in Special Edition form.

8. LINK289

Newcomer LINK289 Advanced Member

Canada
    Woohoo forums are back up [​IMG]

I have been looking for this game for a year and a half! Sadly I will have to wait a bit longer now but its better then nothing... [​IMG]

9. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Nice. Sounds like some kind of Ninty crossover, the way you put it [​IMG]

10. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Yeah, they announced it ages ago, then we got a teaser trailer, and since then, nothing, other than "we're working on it, really". [​IMG] I want something tangible, dammit. It's like the project's on a back burner, and maybe if this re-release of the original makes enough money, they'll pick up the pace or give the sequel more priority or more funding or something.

11. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I would be surprised as this is being released in XBLA and PSN store. They would be selling a whole new game thrown in with the remake in that format which would suck for them and us (IMO)
    Good that they are remaking this but I fear that it will fail badly, the main customers will be people who have played this game the first time round :s (like all 6 of us.) lol I kid.

12. SnAQ

Member SnAQ GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    I´ll buy it when it gets released and i even played the original game [​IMG]

13. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    PS2 version. It was one thing after the other with that game. The sound effects and voice overs would often loop, forcing me to restart the game, and the framerate -- I wouldn't say it chugged -- but it was less than great the whole way through.

14. Ethevion

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    Seems pretty cool. If it actually does turn out to be good, I may get it.

15. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    My favourite game of all time, my life is almost complete (Just waiting for BG&E2).

The game deserves a lot more reception than it got when it was originally released, I have to say it is one of the if not the best games I have played of all time, it's just that the bad marketing by Ubisoft got the game nowhere.