Beyond Good & Evil Getting HD Re-Release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by prowler, Sep 30, 2010.

1. prowler
    OP

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    [​IMG]
    Beyond Good & Evil, one of the best (and yet under-appreciated) games of the previous hardware generation, is to receive a well-deserved re-release in high definition, Ubisoft has revealed.

It won't just be a quick and dirty cash-in, though; level textures and character models are being improved, it'll run at 1080p and the game's score is also being improved.

Beyond Good & Evil HD will be released on Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation network sometime in 2011.

If you've never played the original, which was released in 2003, think Zelda (with its dungeons and action/RPG mannerisms) with a little Metroid/Dead Rising (scanning/photography) thrown in for good measure.[/p][​IMG] Source
    [​IMG] (Old) Trailer

Yay. I love this game :3
    Shame I don't have a PS3 or Xbox though.

2. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I am definitely getting this on XBLA. I am still pissed off that the original is not compatible with the 360. I hope this sells well because it can only help the production of the sequel.

3. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I'll get it either way, but hopefully they address the glitches and framerate. I can't go back to the original framerate. The textures I can live with; the framerate, though, almost killed the awesomeness of that game for me.

4. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    I adore the original BG&E. It always made me sad, that it wasn`t so successful, because I always thought it was one of those games you`ll never forget after playing, since it was so amazing - artistically and gameplay-wise!

Nice to see it re-released. Hopefully people these days can still appreciate it [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Which version? Only played the Gamecube release and I had no problems at all with it.

6. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I hope this makes a ton of money and finally forces them to make that sequel. They've been announcing it for years and doing nothing about it. It's turning into Beyond Good and Evil Forever [​IMG]

7. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    It IS being made. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_%26_Evil_2) and I wouldn't be surprised if this came bundled with the sequel, at least in Special Edition form.

8. LINK289

LINK289 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2009
    Canada
    Woohoo forums are back up [​IMG]

I have been looking for this game for a year and a half! Sadly I will have to wait a bit longer now but its better then nothing... [​IMG]

9. tigris

tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

Jun 19, 2010
    The Tibetan Himalayas
    Nice. Sounds like some kind of Ninty crossover, the way you put it [​IMG]

10. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Yeah, they announced it ages ago, then we got a teaser trailer, and since then, nothing, other than "we're working on it, really". [​IMG] I want something tangible, dammit. It's like the project's on a back burner, and maybe if this re-release of the original makes enough money, they'll pick up the pace or give the sequel more priority or more funding or something.

11. DeadLocked

DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

Aug 18, 2008
    Britland
    I would be surprised as this is being released in XBLA and PSN store. They would be selling a whole new game thrown in with the remake in that format which would suck for them and us (IMO)
    Good that they are remaking this but I fear that it will fail badly, the main customers will be people who have played this game the first time round :s (like all 6 of us.) lol I kid.

12. SnAQ

SnAQ GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2010
    I´ll buy it when it gets released and i even played the original game [​IMG]

13. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    PS2 version. It was one thing after the other with that game. The sound effects and voice overs would often loop, forcing me to restart the game, and the framerate -- I wouldn't say it chugged -- but it was less than great the whole way through.

14. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Seems pretty cool. If it actually does turn out to be good, I may get it.

15. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    My favourite game of all time, my life is almost complete (Just waiting for BG&E2).

The game deserves a lot more reception than it got when it was originally released, I have to say it is one of the if not the best games I have played of all time, it's just that the bad marketing by Ubisoft got the game nowhere.