Hacking Beware - 5.5 Firmware - Games Try to Force Updates Even With Blocking

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is totally not cool. First it was Super Mario Maker, then Splatoon now Xenoblade X... What Else am I going to play now just to be in 5.5.0... Somebody save humanity, seriously!

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is totally not cool. First it was Super Mario Maker, then Splatoon now Xenoblade X... What Else am I going to play now just to be in 5.5.0... Somebody save humanity, seriously!

Mario Maker and Splatoon work fine on 5.5.0. I just played mario maker a few days ago.

forsureitsme

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario Maker and Splatoon work fine on 5.5.0. I just played mario maker a few days ago.
Splatoon doesn't even boot here on 5.5.0 if I choose to CANCEL the update.
Does it work if I disable the Wi-Fi connection before attempting to run it?

EDIT: For my Splatoon to boot on 5.5.0 for playing campaign mode until Hykem's exploit is out, I needed to delete the connection(even with blocked updates) I had.

Last edited by forsureitsme,

87 Psi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Xenoblade Chronicles X, is working on 5.5.0E, only offline but it is working.
I dont get an Update Screen, with Tubehax Dns and Router Ip Block.

Edit : Online works, without the new Update!.

Yay! :D

Last edited by 87 Psi,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
um yeh they have been doing this since mariokart AND smash bros if you wanted to play online.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splatoon doesn't even boot here on 5.5.0 if I choose to CANCEL the update.
Does it work if I disable the Wi-Fi connection before attempting to run it?

EDIT: For my Splatoon to boot on 5.5.0 for playing campaign mode until Hykem's exploit is out, I needed to delete the connection(even with blocked updates) I had.

oh, yea, if there was a recent update for Splatoon. I didn't know about that. Mario Maker is ok though. The latest Mario Maker update came out before 5.5.1. So you should have already updated it, like three weeks ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, so the latest advice is that there is no reason to stay on 5.5.0? The stagefright bug they patched is not the same one in the exploit? So we can all just update to 5.5.1?

forsureitsme

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh, yea, if there was a recent update for Splatoon. I didn't know about that. Mario Maker is ok though. The latest Mario Maker update came out before 5.5.1. So you should have already updated it, like three weeks ago.

Yeah, the last map came out just saturday and I wasn't home...

OK, so the latest advice is that there is no reason to stay on 5.5.0? The stagefright bug they patched is not the same one in the exploit? So we can all just update to 5.5.1?
If I understood right, according to the exploit thread by @SonyUSA, it's better to stay in 5.5.0.
From my experience with the 3DS scene, if you're not thirsty for the update, stay in 5.5.0 as it has "less stuff patched in the system" and may have more features when the cIOSU come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: +1