ROM Hack BeUp Live Help

ForbiddenX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do i make BeUp Live connect? it tries to connect for a while then it says Unable to Connect. When i play a wifi game it connects but why wont it on beup?

Connecting using firmware setup:

Searching...
ASsociating...
Authenticating...
Acquiring host info from DHCP...
Cannot Connect.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
same as above. i wonder if could be beacuse my ds is quite new and i heard that some unupdated wifi homebrew has had problems on new ds's.

Havoc114

Trophies
XP
Country
Manually set the IP, Host Mask, Gateway & Primary/Secondary DNS servers in the WFC settings. Seems alot of homebrew has trouble with acquiring an IP address via DHCP. I did this and BEUP Live 0.3 (NoFat) works fine on my M3Simply.

Some older homebrew does have issues with updated hardware (DS Lites), but I can confirm BEUP Live 0.3 works fine on my DS Lite using my M3Simply. I believe it's any homebrew compiled with DSWIFI 0.3c or above should be compatible with all the newer models.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem, but after a half an hour I figured it would help to set it to a static IP.. your Router should have a panel for constant DHCP IPs(as in. always put Mac Adress XX-XX-XX-XX-XX on IP XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

Deleted member 49417

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Same problem. Problem is, I can't use my own router 'cuz my dad is afraid of it being hacked. No support for WPA keys
frown.gif
Have to use another router
frown.gif

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
If he's afraid of being hacked, he probably knows nothing of routers, and thus, it might be left on its default password
wink.gif
, Google until you find it for your router model, and pray..

cerebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem to.
But mine dosen't get past searching.

That's because your Wireless SSID Broadcast on your router is not enabled

Xeronage what do you meen by put Mac Adress XX-XX-XX-XX-XX on IP XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

cause I'm desprate with Beup, I get the cannot connect, and I can't set my static IP on my DS it gives incorect ...

the worst is that DSLiveWeather connects no problem

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
uhm.. I meant to manual config the DHCP, and reserve ie. 192.168.1.15 for the connecting device with that exact mac-address (you should find it on your ds wifi config somewhere...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb