BeUp Live Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ForbiddenX, Feb 3, 2007.

Feb 3, 2007

BeUp Live Help by ForbiddenX at 2:50 AM (1,344 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. ForbiddenX
    OP

Newcomer ForbiddenX Newbie

Canada
    How do i make BeUp Live connect? it tries to connect for a while then it says Unable to Connect. When i play a wifi game it connects but why wont it on beup?

Connecting using firmware setup:

Searching...
    ASsociating...
    Authenticating...
    Acquiring host info from DHCP...
    Cannot Connect.

2. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I have the same problem to.
    But mine dosen't get past searching.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    same as above. i wonder if could be beacuse my ds is quite new and i heard that some unupdated wifi homebrew has had problems on new ds's.

4. Havoc114

Newcomer Havoc114 Newbie

Australia
    Manually set the IP, Host Mask, Gateway & Primary/Secondary DNS servers in the WFC settings. Seems alot of homebrew has trouble with acquiring an IP address via DHCP. I did this and BEUP Live 0.3 (NoFat) works fine on my M3Simply.

Some older homebrew does have issues with updated hardware (DS Lites), but I can confirm BEUP Live 0.3 works fine on my DS Lite using my M3Simply. I believe it's any homebrew compiled with DSWIFI 0.3c or above should be compatible with all the newer models.

5. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I had the same problem, but after a half an hour I figured it would help to set it to a static IP.. your Router should have a panel for constant DHCP IPs(as in. always put Mac Adress XX-XX-XX-XX-XX on IP XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

6. kev3458

Member kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Same problem. Problem is, I can't use my own router 'cuz my dad is afraid of it being hacked. No support for WPA keys [​IMG] Have to use another router [​IMG]

7. Xeronage

If he's afraid of being hacked, he probably knows nothing of routers, and thus, it might be left on its default password [​IMG], Google until you find it for your router model, and pray..

8. cerebus

Newcomer cerebus Member

Canada

That's because your Wireless SSID Broadcast on your router is not enabled

Xeronage what do you meen by put Mac Adress XX-XX-XX-XX-XX on IP XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

cause I'm desprate with Beup, I get the cannot connect, and I can't set my static IP on my DS it gives incorect ...

the worst is that DSLiveWeather connects no problem

9. Xeronage

uhm.. I meant to manual config the DHCP, and reserve ie. 192.168.1.15 for the connecting device with that exact mac-address (you should find it on your ds wifi config somewhere...)

10. serginsurge

Newcomer serginsurge Advanced Member

United States
    It isnt working because MSN messenger has had a new update, every time it gets updated beup stops working for some reason, the next beup release should work fine, that is until msn updates again.