BeUp Live Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ForbiddenX, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ForbiddenX
    OP

ForbiddenX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2007
    Canada
    How do i make BeUp Live connect? it tries to connect for a while then it says Unable to Connect. When i play a wifi game it connects but why wont it on beup?

Connecting using firmware setup:

Searching...
    ASsociating...
    Authenticating...
    Acquiring host info from DHCP...
    Cannot Connect.

2. slayerspud

slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2006
    I have the same problem to.
    But mine dosen't get past searching.

3. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
    same as above. i wonder if could be beacuse my ds is quite new and i heard that some unupdated wifi homebrew has had problems on new ds's.

4. Havoc114

Havoc114 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2007
    Manually set the IP, Host Mask, Gateway & Primary/Secondary DNS servers in the WFC settings. Seems alot of homebrew has trouble with acquiring an IP address via DHCP. I did this and BEUP Live 0.3 (NoFat) works fine on my M3Simply.

Some older homebrew does have issues with updated hardware (DS Lites), but I can confirm BEUP Live 0.3 works fine on my DS Lite using my M3Simply. I believe it's any homebrew compiled with DSWIFI 0.3c or above should be compatible with all the newer models.

5. Xeronage

Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2006
    I had the same problem, but after a half an hour I figured it would help to set it to a static IP.. your Router should have a panel for constant DHCP IPs(as in. always put Mac Adress XX-XX-XX-XX-XX on IP XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

6. kev3458

kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2006
    Canada
    Same problem. Problem is, I can't use my own router 'cuz my dad is afraid of it being hacked. No support for WPA keys [​IMG] Have to use another router [​IMG]

7. Xeronage

Aug 6, 2006
    If he's afraid of being hacked, he probably knows nothing of routers, and thus, it might be left on its default password [​IMG], Google until you find it for your router model, and pray..

8. cerebus

cerebus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2007
    Canada

That's because your Wireless SSID Broadcast on your router is not enabled

Xeronage what do you meen by put Mac Adress XX-XX-XX-XX-XX on IP XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

cause I'm desprate with Beup, I get the cannot connect, and I can't set my static IP on my DS it gives incorect ...

the worst is that DSLiveWeather connects no problem

9. Xeronage

Aug 6, 2006
    uhm.. I meant to manual config the DHCP, and reserve ie. 192.168.1.15 for the connecting device with that exact mac-address (you should find it on your ds wifi config somewhere...)

10. serginsurge

serginsurge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2004
    United States
    goias, brasil
    It isnt working because MSN messenger has had a new update, every time it gets updated beup stops working for some reason, the next beup release should work fine, that is until msn updates again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice