Bethesda delays Starfield and Redfall to "first half of 2023"

capsule_616x353.jpg

In a brief Twitter post this morning, Bethesda announced the delay of two major upcoming titles. The first is Bethesda Game Studios' long-awaited Starfield, along with Arkane Studios' co-op FPS Redfall. No specific reason was given for the delay other than they need more polish. The publisher also said they are excited to give their first "deep dive" into the gameplay soon, but did not say when that might be. It's possible we will hear more on these titles at the Xbox & Bethesda games showcase happening on June 12, however.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
1 more delay, and I'm pirating that shit.

I'm honestly confused by this statement.

What you are saying is that you want Bethesda to rush games out otherwise you wont buy it.....Bethesda.....a company INFAMOUS for releasing games in a buggy state to the point that people have literally made songs about how bad they are.

If Bethesda are delaying a game, chances are it's THAT BAD.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage.

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage.
As an Xbox owner I agree with this. Halo Reach was the last good 1st party game.

Reactions: Stone_Wings

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Guess Microsoft's QA team finally got to play it, lmao. Not that another year will make much difference, they'll probably create just as many new bugs in that timeframe as they eliminate, if not more.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah.
I mean, Bethesda is always gonna be Bethesda no matter who owns them, and Microsoft is said to be pretty hands-off. At least wait for Obsidian's next RPG, Avowed, before declaring that all of MS' acquistions were busts though. I think now that they don't have to worry about funding, they'll blow Skyrim out of the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...