Bestfriend, Meth

smellyunicorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Gbatemp my bestfriend is on cocaine and last night at a party he had he did oxy cotton and Meth. What can I do? He has done all the drugs in the book (except herion)
He seems fine, but I don't know the other day I told him that seeing him doing meth really hurt me and he went on to say that we can't be friends because that is who he is..etc. I know if I leave him he will only get worse and worse and I can't do that to him and live with myself . also we aren't dating or something like that.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Your friend is an ass. You obviously care about him and and he doesn't give crap about you. He also is obviously a drug addict and you should tell it to someone(parents, school psychologist, police, whatever) so they can help him. Plus, anyone doing drugs(yes, this counts pot, alcohol and cigarettes) is a moron by me.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meth can absolutely destroy people's minds. I've seen it far too often.
I seriously hope you're able to bring him to his senses while he still has some sense.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
1UMfH.jpg

But if the above isn't your thing, call the cops anonymously and they might be able to grab him for possession.

smellyunicorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not just at parites; he hosted that party and he said that he tried some the night before the party so he is doing it in private also

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he Hosted the party? Oh shit he's on a bad path.
if you value that friend, you've got to intervene in some way.....preferably if you can catch him in his (probably rare) "sober" state.

smellyunicorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thing. He doesn't see it as a problem. and if I bring it up to him as a problem then he will push me way. I don't know what to do without causing a drift in our friendship

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That stuff is going to ruin his life, then kill him. It's not a maybe, it is a fact. If he won't stop, you'll probably need to get the police involved. Sadly, most meth users don't even think of turning things around until they've hit rock bottom, and by then it's usually far too late. You are a good friend, though. Even if you ultimately can't help him, you warned him and are trying to help, so you should take some solace in that.

smellyunicorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't want to lose him. He tells me his dreams and what he wants to become, I now under those drugs he is just a lost person still looking for the same things when he was 12.
This really sucks first time I had to deal with a situation like this. Thanks for the tips guys and if anyone has more advice I'd really like it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say "ditch him" but i'm incredibly intolerant towards drugs, and drug users. So...probably a horrendously biased opinion on my part.

I agree with whoever else said get the cops involved. It can be anonymous, and you could pretend you knew nothing about it if he accuses you.

jusmii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get him away from the drugs as soon as you can and however you can... Personally I would get a group of friends together, and figure out how to keep him away from the crap... Drugs like that sometimes lead to harder drugs, and kids are dying around here from Heroin it's pretty messed up for sure!

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
1UMfH.jpg

But if the above isn't your thing, call the cops anonymously and they might be able to grab him for possession.
OMFG ROFL! I know what i'm doing the next time my druggie "friend" comes down to visit XD.

Ontopic: You are nice enough to help your friend even though he tries to push you away? Wow you sure are nice, I had friends just like yours, someone who told me their dreams and stuff and then they turn into drunks and pot heads, luckily they aren't meth and other drug users and know the boundaries. I hope you luck and am very envious of your friend for having such a great friend.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Lot's of bad advice in this thread, IMHO. You intervening will get you nothing. You will just lose a friend for sure. It's not the nice thing to do, it's the stupid thing to do. Your friend is not only doing drugs because he likes them, but also because that opens a lot of possibilities, socially. You get to know a lot of pretty cool people that way. Don't believe he'll give that up just because you say you're his friend and you show him some ridiculous pictures.

A lot of people are going through this phase. He'll wake up sometime and realize that all he did was wasting time. If he doesn't he's a shithead not worth caring for.

I say: stay in touch. Don't ditch him. Get to know his new friends. Be there sober when they use. But don't be a pain in the ass. So far everything seems under control and as long as it stays that way I don't see a problem. It's just growing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol