Bestest Game Music... Ever?

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been doing some music for a couple of homebrew projects on the DS and I've decided to take it further by actually making an album of Game music remixes, the trouble is, I'm not sure what music I want to remix..

I've got the Bob-Omb Battlefield, (Super Mario 64, N64, DS) music done and it sounds good, I've also done World 4-1 of Super Mario Land, (GBC) plus the Overworld theme from the Legend of Zelda games. I was thinking of doing the Boss music from Final Fantasy VIII too...

Basically, I want to know everyone's favourite game music so I can make something full of tunes people recognize. I'm also not going to charge for the album, it's purely for you good folk of the 'Temp for being such a good bunch!

I'm looking for 9 or 10 more great game tunes to remix for this album to be complete so post your favourites and hopefully, in a little while, there will be a GBAtemp-dedicated album!!..

So far...
Bob-Omb Battlefield,
SML 4-1,
Zelda Overworld,
FFVIII Boss

Any music, from any genre, from any gaming platform. Just as long as it's popular, it will be considered.

Nice one!
cool.gif

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Another one...?

Golden Sun: The Lost Age credits.
'Nuff said.

What you mean by another one?

Weird how you mention GS: Lost Age credits music. I completed that for the 1st time on Wednesday and loved the credits music...
blink.gif

EDIT: I'm all over that No More Heroes music! The vocal might be troublesome but other than that, perfect. MGS games do have very good music too, something for me to do later..

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
DO EET.

Xenosaga Episode 1 - Last Battle Theme music is in. Made the hairs on my neck stand up!!

QUOTE(Thug4L1f3 @ Aug 27 2010, 02:56 PM) I really like the music from Terranigma on SNES, also various tracks from Castlevania SotN and then of course there is the amazing To Zanarkand from FFX.

Looking now. Haven't played Terranigma and not keen on Castlevania games tho. 'To Zanarkand' is the likely choice, may even substitute FFVIII boss music for it..

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
The Chrono Cross OST...case closed.

Yaaaaaaaaawn!!!
tongue.gif
Good game but that music track was mundane to say the least..

QUOTE(Samurai Goomba @ Aug 27 2010, 03:01 PM)
It may not have been the most celebrated game on the GameCube, but dayum was that soundtrack good.

That reminds me of Morris Dancers! "Hey Nonny Nonny" and all that shite!
laugh.gif

Loving Donkey Kong country music too and I have sheet music for that so might find a DKC tune or two to do as well.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
SixtySixHundred said:
Yaaaaaaaaawn!!!
tongue.gif

You are oh so epicly wrong....but each to their own. Dream of a Shore is one of my favourite arrangements ever, especially Gutzalpus' OCRemix version.

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
SixtySixHundred said:
Yaaaaaaaaawn!!!
tongue.gif

You are oh so epicly wrong....but each to their own. Dream of a Shore is one of my favourite arrangements ever, especially Gutzalpus' OCRemix version.

I most likely am wrong but I'm trying to stay away from 'arranged' pieces as they don't make for particularly good remixes. I probably should have said this in my original post, sorry.

SixtySixHundred

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Samurai Goomba said:
If you don't like this, I have no respect for you...

Hmm. Still kinda folky but I think I can do things with that due to the reasonably high tempo. It's quite a nice track actually.

Samurai Goomba said:
yay.gif
Perfect!

QUOTE(shyam513 @ Aug 27 2010, 03:10 PM)
I Think Final Fantasy X's soundtrack rocks - and this is my favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaU94E0zjvk

It's called People of the North Pole

Nearly missed your post... Nice music. I like it a lot..

I've gotta fly out now but I like all your suggestions and I'll check back in a while.

Cheers, I can get on with a few of those tunes later..

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit surprised no one's mentioned Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. That game had some quality music; it represents my childhood with video games.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Game music is mostly memorable by playing the game. not exactly by just listening it.

Makes little sense to me, enjoying a game music without playing it's game. (Except of course for those such as the music posted here from Alan Wake, god damn that music reminds me of old school rock)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy