Best Youtube downloader for Windows?

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I missed anyone saying it, but I use jdownloader2 for random YT stuff.
It can download the video and the audio files, thumbnail, description, playlists etc. I think the only thing it may struggle at is if the content is age restricted... then you have to jump through hoops to get it DLed.
But works well normally. :)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I missed anyone saying it, but I use jdownloader2 for random YT stuff.
It can download the video and the audio files, thumbnail, description, playlists etc. I think the only thing it may struggle at is if the content is age restricted... then you have to jump through hoops to get it DLed.
But works well normally. :)
JD2 is good though why is it always updating? That's kind of annoying.

I've been using IDM for years and I'm happy with it.

Reactions: eternal

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JD2 is good though why is it always updating? That's kind of annoying.

I've been using IDM for years and I'm happy with it.
I think it's always updating because of the massive amount of websites built into it/and ones that keep getting added to download easier from.
You can literally go to most popular streaming sites and get their videos. And if that doesnt work, using the website link and searching within the page yourself for a non blocked stream also works. I'm assuming it's taken a lot of time to get it to this level over the years. :toot:
Also there's the catch of needing to update the youtube api/keys or whatever the heck they're doing to allow downloads whenever google changes it, like those specialized yt-dl apps do.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo