Hacking Best way to remove cIOScorp?

Justification

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really just want to rid myself of cIOScorp and I was told to update my wii with wii update, but it gives me an error when I try to do that... what's the next best way to go about removing cIOScorp?

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
You could use either any region changer or cIOS downgrader to reinstall system menu 3.2 (Assuming thats your system menu.

But before doing anything what is your system menu?

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering, if I downloaded all the newest IOS's that cIOS corp 3.3 replaces (IOS9,11,12,13...) using NUSD and packing them all as wads could I then just use a wad batch installer (or even wad manager) and install the IOS wads over the corp versions to give me a clean-ish wii?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrgarrison said:
I was wondering, if I downloaded all the newest IOS's that cIOS corp 3.3 replaces (IOS9,11,12,13...) using NUSD and packing them all as wads could I then just use a wad batch installer (or even wad manager) and install the IOS wads over the corp versions to give me a clean-ish wii?
yup thats an automatic remover.
cioscorp's boot.dol is basically a wad match installer so just replace the .wad's in the cioscorp folder and run it to overwrite your ios's

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, reinstalling every IOS will undo cIOScorp with in the IOS terms. If you want to undo the MIOS and bc, as well as the DVDx, its a bit more complicated.

IN short, you dont need to get rid of the IOS36 patched as another that none use, theres no point so ignore that.

However, install over using the wads from an update or undo the update check and it should work well.

I think to get rid of their custom DVDx you deleted it and use Bannerbomb to install a new one right?? Its just a channel, doesn't need a wad title deleter right?

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Justification said:
I really just want to rid myself of cIOScorp and I was told to update my wii with wii update, but it gives me an error when I try to do that... what's the next best way to go about removing cIOScorp?

What error do you get.. Sometimes the servers are just busy or down. I got an error 17039 (or something like that) for over 2 weeks. I contacted Ninty who told me to return the wii as my wifi was knackered (but I could still play online and download Usb loader GX updates). I just kept trying every second day until it finally updated.

BTW I was on 4.1 using waninkoko's upgraderand Ninty updated on top of that to 4.1. Now when I try to update I get "you have the latest version" now.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
The way I uninstalled cIOSCORP 3.3 from my 4.1E was by using dop-IOS to reinstall any IOS which cIOSCORP patched. However, after reinstalling IOS60, I got a really screwed up 'The system files are corrupted' message, but reinstalling Preloader via Preloader fixed that.
smile.gif

So yeah, it's best that you have Preloader just in case it wants to do the same thing to your Wii.
tongue.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um... not that it matters but preloader IS THE REASON you got the corrupt message.
Dop-IOS is what I would choose as well so get rid of cIOSCORP... but I don't see why anyone would actually want to
unsure.gif
I don't have problems with it.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
dude its a loosing battle, there is always going to be people who dont understand what installing corp actually does to there system and the mismatch, piss poor way in which these latest versions was thrown together.

the original version was nice i admit that, but truly these days with USBLoader etc.. there is no need for it anymore. just move the disc channel and install a autoboot channel for NeoGamma i mean theres a even a wad base on Wadder that mimics the Disc Channel in every way aside from showing the banner.

gamer220

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If he hasa NAND backup of before he had CIOSCORP, could he just use the NAND backup and it will restore the wii to the state before CIOSCORP

Ryukotsusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
dude its a loosing battle, there is always going to be people who dont understand what installing corp actually does to there system and the mismatch, piss poor way in which these latest versions was thrown together.

the original version was nice i admit that, but truly these days with USBLoader etc.. there is no need for it anymore. just move the disc channel and install a autoboot channel for NeoGamma i mean theres a even a wad base on Wadder that mimics the Disc Channel in every way aside from showing the banner.

What about applying SD codes using Gecko OS? Can USBLoader, etc work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mmmmm uremum
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Always shooting that dairy out uremums tiddies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My thread front ten years ago got 10,000 views lol
  • DolphinCube @ DolphinCube:
    Sup peps? I rarely talk on here but is there a way to disable the ads that cover the chat a lil. Its annoying at times
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can avoid the ads by becoming a paid Patron.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, or use an adblocker
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i'd recommend ublock origin
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brave browser
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, kinda
    @Xdqwerty is that just a chrome extenstion orr...?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, ublock origin is a chrome extension compatible with chrome, chromium based browsers and firefox (and i think some others too)
    +1
    ooo oke. Got it.
    Alrighty its installed. Ty for the help man
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @DolphinCube, no problem

^_^
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do I install JuanBlocker ? Nvm, I just filtered out all feet threads.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    On Android I like Adblock Browser
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just say Mexicos a fake America
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I just say Mexicos a fake America +1