MisterAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
misteralex.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, so far no luck. For my part, I'm trying to use the Smash Bros. method. I suppose if anyone's got the source files mirrored somewhere else, you could edit your hosts file to point there instead. That way your ModMii process would run without ever knowing anything was wrong.
But I don't have those files. I'm with you in the "waiting it out" boat right now. I will definitely make a backup of my COPY_TO_SD directory if/when I get it to work again.

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have the hackmii installer i just dont know how to put it into the modmii folder so it will gt recognized :( Luckily my wii is modded but this is for someone else who doesnt have internet so modmii seems to be my only choice

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
LOL, does that mean the Wii is "pimp my Wii safe" ? j/k

If you have the correct files/version you can just copy them to Modmii's temp folder and tell Modmii to skip files already downloaded. OR
If you need to install HBC, you can just use hackmii installer standalone or skip it if you don't need HBC.
Wait until Modmii finished the rest of the downloads and follow the guide generated skipping the hackmiii installer section.

iHumzah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question:
Does Modmii generate a custom 'Hackmii Installer', and custom 'Bootmii SD files' that is specific to your wii?

I want to know because I was going to hack my friends Wii. But like everyone else I've been experiencing problems with Modmii (can't download 'Hackmii Installer' & 'Bootmii SD files'). I have however hacked my own Wii before using Modmii. Will I be able to use my own 'Hackmii installer' that was generated when I used Modmii to softmod my Wii, on my friends Wii?

FriskyDingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL, does that mean the Wii is "pimp my Wii safe" ? j/k

If you have the correct files/version you can just copy them to Modmii's temp folder and tell Modmii to skip files already downloaded. OR
If you need to install HBC, you can just use hackmii installer standalone or skip it if you don't need HBC.
Wait until Modmii finished the rest of the downloads and follow the guide generated skipping the hackmiii installer section.

I assume youre referring to that other thread lol, in the end i was trolling.Im not using modmii on my wii which i used pimp my wii on, this is for a friends wii.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you downloaded the current stuff shortly before the site went down (like me) for one wii and needed it again for another wii that may or may not have a different configuration (like me) you can go thru the ModMii process and skip the two errors (HackMii Installer and bootmii SD files) and continue thru to completion. After that is done and you have a "COPY_TO_SD" directory you can hand add the hackmii installer by copying SD:/apps/{hackmii installer directory} from the previous SD card you made to the same location in the new folder as well as copying SD:/bootmii directory from old to new as well. No need to play with temp folders.

Worked fine for me. My older ModMii SD card was for a 4.1U wii and I used that stuff to help softmod a 4.3U wii by building a new setup and just skipping the two failed downloads and moving the files as I stated above.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Heres a complete Temp Folder snipped
Firstly, yours is not a complete temp folder (120MB), a complete temp folder is closer to 1.8GB (however unless you're modding Wii's from all over the world and downloading system menu's for USA\PAL\JAP\KOR Wii's you won't even get close to this size). Secondly, links like this (and actar's above) are against gbatemp rules (and many others).

If you downloaded the current stuff shortly before the site went down (like me) for one wii and needed it again for another wii that may or may not have a different configuration (like me) you can go thru the ModMii process and skip the two errors (HackMii Installer and bootmii SD files) and continue thru to completion. After that is done and you have a "COPY_TO_SD" directory you can hand add the hackmii installer by copying SD :/apps/{hackmii installer directory} from the previous SD card you made to the same location in the new folder as well as copying SD :/bootmii directory from old to new as well. No need to play with temp folders.

Worked fine for me. My older ModMii SD card was for a 4.1U wii and I used that stuff to help softmod a 4.3U wii by building a new setup and just skipping the two failed downloads and moving the files as I stated above.
If you have a complete temp folder from prior use, you will not encounter the errors you reference in the first place and will not have to manually copy any files. In most instances the hackmii installer needs to also be copied to SD :\boot.elf for the original exploit to be able to load something (you neglected to mention this); however in some instances, like the hackmii solutions guide, a different boot.elf needs to be saved to the sd root. It's best to just let modmii do the work by pulling files from either it's temp folder or the cloud.

And using the method you described probably means you're running older versions of the HBC and bootmii (i.e. from an older hackmii installer).

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, yours is not a complete temp folder (120MB), a complete temp folder is closer to 1.8GB (however unless you're modding Wii's from all over the world and downloading system menu's for USA\PAL\JAP\KOR Wii's you won't even get close to this size). Secondly, links like this (and actar's above) are against gbatemp rules (and many others).

If you have a complete temp folder from prior use, you will not encounter the errors you reference in the first place and will not have to manually copy any files. In most instances the hackmii installer needs to also be copied to SD :\boot.elf for the original exploit to be able to load something (you neglected to mention this); however in some instances, like the hackmii solutions guide, a different boot.elf needs to be saved to the sd root. It's best to just let modmii do the work by pulling files from either it's temp folder or the cloud.

And using the method you described probably means you're running older versions of the HBC and bootmii (i.e. from an older hackmii installer).

It was on a different PC. I did mine at my house on my PC and a friends at his house on his pc - but I had my SD card with me so I could use a few unrelated items I had stored there.

Also my card was made about a week ago. Unless it has been updated in the past week I should be fine copying my SD files to his SD card.

digi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am new to these forums and modmii. i understand the hosting site is down and i cannot get modmii to fully complete. my question is can i get an official reply as to when site will be up and we are able to get modmii to complete the setup. thank you for your time

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use the letterbomb (wiibrand) exploit and when I click on the letter, it just restarts the Wii. I have the boot.elf and bootmini.elf for hackmii v1.2 (wiiu compatible), but no bootmii files on a virgin Wii 4.3U.

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i formated a 2GB sd to fat 32.
I carefully followed the instructions.. copied the files to the sd.
then when i insert it into my wii running 4.3E ... no letter bomb..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :toot: